Collector's Round Table

A place for individuals that collect wilderness survival gear to talk about their collections with like-minded people, and be inspired by others.

I mostly grew up in the northeast, Adirondacks/Upstate NY. I was always into backpacking, canoeing and camping. Wilderness survival in the north consists of two main tools: the axe and the knife. With the popularization of bushcraft it seems wilderness survival in the south consists of two main tools: the machete and the knife. I have started collecting axe/knife pairs and machete/knife pairs available from knife-makers to chronicle the evolution of survival tools, and give a snapshot of what major knife and tool companies offer for those interested in bushcraft/outdoor living in our current times. It has been interesting to see what is available, and how "tactical" equipment has impacted survival tools. So far I have collected pairs from: Gerber, Tops, Kershaw, ESEE, Swamp Rat, Spyderco, CRKT, Benchmade, & Kabar. Some companies I've bought more than one pair from and others I have bought triplets, because they offer axes, machetes, and knives. If anyone has suggestions on pieces that would be essential to a collection like this I would appreciate advice. My collection is still evolving and I would like it to be an accurate and interesting reflection of survival tools in our current times.
Cheers!

Back