Collins Legitimus SB

I know its Christmas Eve, but I just got an old Collins as a gift and I am curious about it. Stamped Collins & Co. Hartford over Cast Steel Warranted, over Legitimus. The crown and arm logo kinda in the middle extending up thru the o in Co. Arm is faint. On the other side I can read the letters "VERKE" just part of a word over Michigan over J.P 15. It's a single bit 7.5" tall by 4 3/4" edge. The poll is beat over and some of the lettering are faint and some gone. The Collins stamp has very small letters and very near the top of the poll. This axe could be and will be restored. I am going to have to get this picture thing figured out. Thanks, and have a great holiday season. Dog

I know its Christmas Eve, but I just got an old Collins as a gift and I am curious about it. Stamped Collins & Co. Hartford over Cast Steel Warranted, over Legitimus. The crown and arm logo kinda in the middle extending up thru the o in Co. Arm is faint. On the other side I can read the letters "VERKE" just part of a word over Michigan over J.P 15. It's a single bit 7.5" tall by 4 3/4" edge. The poll is beat over and some of the lettering are faint and some gone. The Collins stamp has very small letters and very near the top of the poll. This axe could be and will be restored. I am going to have to get this picture thing figured out. Thanks, and have a great holiday season. Dog
Everkeen John Pritzlaff Hardware Company

I am going to have to get this picture thing figured out.
This might help:

Bob

Back