Colonial brand (?) miniature novelty bowie restored...

2r29fyt.jpg

I love having the no time constraints that the weekend offers me (since I have off from work on weekends) to finish off on projects I sometimes have going. I had done a few hours work on this little novelty knife during the work week, but found myself constantly looking at the clock because I have to stop to get this or that other thing done. Well, this morning was so peaceful, just me and this little knife, as I worked on her blade polishing one final time. I get the same relaxing feeling when I sometimes randomly pull out some of my other knives within my collection and wipe them down and such. I know you don't take these gadgets along when you pass on, but they offer me a hobby that I thoroughly enjoy while living my life 👍☺

Another little knife project I took on this morning, was to rearrange one of my smaller display cases. It contains products made by Utica, Case, GEC, and Queen. No real aim, just a little gathering of US made traditional knives 👍

2mrzneg.jpg

Last edited:
Great little knife! I would have like to have seen the before pic, but I am also guilty of not taking them

I kind'a kick myself on that alot. This little knife had grind marks from improperly having been sharpened. It also had some minor rust spots, and an overall tossed around in a drawer look. It now obviously has a finished look that it never came close to having when it was first made... what is it worth in dollar amount? Maybe $5, but I put in my labor of love into it that probably equals about 5 hours total. Who spends 5 hours on spiffing up a $5 knife?... Me, and likely most of you guys, lol! 😉👍

Last edited:
Back