Combo edge? Never again. F serrations. CRKT M16-14DSFG serrations removed

This knife started an addiction a few years ago that is one of my favorite hobbies today. I've learned a few painful and expensive lessons but none were as annoying as learning that you do not like serrations at all, especially Veff serrations. They look cool, sure. They cut well, yes but they are too thin and weak and when you try to cut a metal strap thinking it's plastic, they bend, chip and break leaving you with half a usable knife. I did exactly that, then put it on a shelf and moved on to bigger and better steels. Until about 3 weeks ago when I started rotating my EDC. I found this knife all jacked up and decided to show it some love. I took it to work and ground the teeth down by hand over the course of 3 days and slapped on a rough bevel and sanded it kinda two tone. It's no where near where it should be but it will do work without snagging broken teeth on everything.
Let me know what you think!
RRcpXQv.jpg

lhr9mHI.jpg

Kiduv5Q.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, that would really suck. I have to point out though that you would have destroyed a plain edge blade just about as thoroughly.

Oh man, that would really suck. I have to point out though that you would have destroyed a plain edge blade just about as thoroughly.

A plain edge could have folded both ways and still would be easier to fix than those teeth, they were brutal! They were so badly damaged that I just put it on my knife shelf and forgot about it. Till a few weeks ago :D
I'm not dogging on crkt. I like most of their knives, have owned 2 and i like this one even better than when i bought it with all the wear and abuse I've put it through. I just never really cared much for serrations and this experience learnt me well

Back