come out, come out, wherever you arrre!

hi all.
so, i've been chatting with Scott about my first Gossman order. I am deciding between a UNK, a mini-tusker and a PSK Plus.

i was looking for some top-view pics of each of those knives (i.e. spine shot). i wanted to take a better look at the handle shape/contour. scott has been most gracious and is trying to dig some up to get to me.

but, for some reason, it just occurred to me that there is an entire forum of satisfied customers (i'm looking at you).

if agreeable, please post your pics of the UNK, mini-tusker and PSK Plus. and, please feel free to try to persuade me on one or the other.

thanks all.
-todd

What are you going to be doing with them? Is the UNK going to be an EDC type knife, something to take with you on a short hike or fishing/hunting?

ha. duh. good question SHS. sorry about that. kind of an important detail.

it will not be an about-town EDC, but i would want it to be my EDC woods knife. i.e. the knife i always have on me in the woods, either hiking or camping. i want it to be capable to baton some would, but i'm guessing the batoning would be more the exception than the rule. mostly, it would be used for making smores/hot dog sticks, some tent stakes, cutting rope, food prep.

all the knives i mentioned seemed like a good choice. similar specs as far as i could tell. wanted to get a better feel for handle ergo's to help me decide.

thanks.

Last edited:
The UNK has a unique blade shape that I think you will either love or not; it wasn't my favorite personally, but many people including Scott prefer it. That is a consideration as well as handle shape...

I've had most of the PSK line, and a few Tuskers, but I would have to say that the UNK is my favorite of that batch. I have more "drawer queens" (no safe for me), that I only use once in a while, but I use my UNK at least once a week at home. I used it for a one stick fire, and it did well, not better than larger blades, but well. Of course, my technique was a big factor :foot: . When in doubt, get all three, isn't the best advice, but you will need to go through a couple different designs to find out what works for you. Mike and Scott came up with a great design on the UNK.

The UNK has a unique blade shape that I think you will either love or not; it wasn't my favorite personally, but many people including Scott prefer it. That is a consideration as well as handle shape...

I've had most of the PSK line, and a few Tuskers, but I would have to say that the UNK is my favorite of that batch. I have more "drawer queens" (no safe for me), that I only use once in a while, but I use my UNK at least once a week at home. I used it for a one stick fire, and it did well, not better than larger blades, but well. Of course, my technique was a big factor :foot: . When in doubt, get all three, isn't the best advice, but you will need to go through a couple different designs to find out what works for you. Mike and Scott came up with a great design on the UNK.

Thanks guys. I don't mind the wharncliffe/sheepsfoot type blades. this will mostly be doing cutting tasks anyway, i.e. don't really need a defined point per se, so think should be good. BUT...with that said...that's just it...i "think." i never know until i get it in-hand. so, therein lies the rub, so to speak. i don't think i could go wrong with any of them. that's why i think i am ultimately going to base the decision on the handle geometry. see what *looks* like it is most comfy.

in my short time on BF, i have been pleased how active this site is. it allows me to try out a bunch of knives, and if it is not for me, i can sell it ... get a new one ... and not really take a loss. pretty cool actually.

Anyway....i'm starting to ramble on.

Anybody got some pics?

Back