1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commemorative Knife Use?

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by Mtblair, May 7, 2018.

1. Mtblair

Mtblair

Dec 21, 2013
    I picked up a commemorative Grohmann knife with etching on the blade. Got it 2nd hand but un-used, so not much invested. Trying to decide if I should use it or not. Do any of you have and use any knives with special blade etching?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    protourist and JK Knives like this.
  2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Don't have any with etching, but if it's not a very limited run I don't see a problem using it.

Rob Babcock and protourist like this.
  3. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I won a tomahawk with my name rank and unit on it when i was a private. I drank beer and threw it at trees till it was garbage and I tossed it out. I kind of regret it but i did have fun doing it.

Mtblair and JK Knives like this.
  4. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Skin a Moose with the Grohmann, he'll appreciate that you used a commemorative knife on him.:rolleyes:

Rob Babcock likes this.
  5. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Or... shoulda bought a JK Canadian Belt Kife to use on all the Mooses you'll be killing.:thumbsup:

glennbad and Rob Babcock like this.
  6. Mtblair

Mtblair

Dec 21, 2013
    The last moose I helped butcher was in ‘92. If I had a CBK back then, it would’ve been used.

[​IMG]

Simplejack, cbwoods67 and mykel m like this.
  7. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    With nice colored etching, I would keep it and get a JK CBKto use. How's that for a plug?