Common sense

i think it would be a good idea the sak can do the jobs that the leatherman can not be used for. The leatherman can be used for jobs that the sak can't do.

I am looking 4 a SAK with a longer common sense blade and everyday tools as opposed to the little gadget additives one couldnt use in a outdoor survival/camp type ordeal. Im not critical of SAKS...i love them as a collector...but im not Les Stroud..need a bigger saw etc..

SAKs and Multitools pair well, that way you can hold the nut with the multitool while tightening the machine screw with the driver blade of the SAK. Look for a series of implements that will complement each other...i.e. my swisstool does not have a corkscrew, but the SAK does....

SAK Forrester -- locking main blade, larger saw, locking cap lifter/screwdriver, awl...
(yes, very similar to the Trekker)
since I already EDC the Huntsman and the Forrester is basically an oversized version of that only without the scissors...

great ideas...thanx...i couldnt live w/out my sog power-lock, finding the right SAK to go w/ it is a no brainer

I have a Vic Forester for work at the building lot, beside a Case Soddie or any other slipjoint. The locking blade is nice and the handle size make it nice for longer working terms. It is also nice for outdoor tasks.

Kind regards

Back