Comp Chopper & Choiless BT4 Drawings

Ban

Here is my interpretation of a competition chopper. I plan on making it out of .320 stock so it will be a beast. Variations of different points (ie. drop, clip, etc...) will come out of this beast. I left the OAL a bit over 15" so that I can either shorten the blade or handle a tad to suit personal tastes.

5228355560_ddabb2ca13_b.jpg

More than several guys have asked me about a choiless BT4 so here it is. I shortened the overall blade length a bit because the blade looked a bit too long without the choil.

5227761109_81e3fc23b2_b.jpg

Last edited:
aaahhhh.. right on Ban... a choil-less BT4... looking forward to seeing it all finished up..:D that camp chopper is gonna look bad ass too...:thumbup::thumbup:

Very nice! I'm really liking the choil-less BT4 and the chopper!

I think I prefer the BT4 with a coil. Still interested in buying one when you have one to sell.

I'm liking that squared off chopper design - I watched some of the video from your get together and that looked like big fun.:thumbup:

Both look excellent Ban! What steel types are you thinking for the .32'' comp chopper?

Both look excellent Ban! What steel types are you thinking for the .32'' comp chopper?

I am thinking A2 initially. CPM Stuff in that size has a hefty price tag. There will be drop points and clip point variations of that design.

I'm diggin the choil-less BT4. Hope I can handle one at the next meet up.

That squared comptetition chopper at .320 would be a beast indeed.

I'm diggin the choil-less BT4. Hope I can handle one at the next meet up.

That squared comptetition chopper at .320 would be a beast indeed.

I am starting to hand profile one of those Choil-less BT4 in CPM154. 2X4s were already shivering in fear as I was profiling that prototype chopper. The proto is a tad smaller and slightly different due to stock limitation.

Whaaat, only .320??:thumbdn:
Man I know you gotta have some .50 stock somewhere!!!

Whaaat, only .320??:thumbdn:
Man I know you gotta have some .50 stock somewhere!!!

Haha... Just checked...... .50 thick 3" X 18" A2 is about 70bucks plus shipping. Gonna take some serious grinding though. I hate to find out what CPM-3V or CPM-M4 in that size would cost :eek:

Decided to grind a Choil-less BT4 out of 1/8" thick 3V. Here it is rough ground and ready for Heat Treating. All I need is the dang oven now :grumpy: Been waiting close to a month now.

5240693928_081d350324_b.jpg

Looks sleeker ground out than on paper. :thumbup:

Reminds me of the outdoorsman, but wider.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product on the chopper:thumbup:

Decided to grind a Choil-less BT4 out of 1/8" thick 3V. Here it is rough ground and ready for Heat Treating. All I need is the dang oven now :grumpy: Been waiting close to a month now.

5240693928_081d350324_b.jpg

oohhh.. that look great Ban.. can't wait to see it all finished up...:D

Back