Compact Ways to Carry LM Bit Driver and Bits?

Has anyone else thought of another way to carry the Leatherman Bit Driver (for Juice, Kick, Core, etc.) and bits without using the plastic holder it comes with? My EDC consists of four items I have to grab: wallet, phone, keys, and multi-tool. I like it this way. I've been trying to think of a way to carry the bit driver and at least a few of the double-ended bits without having to grab another thing each day.

When I had a larger wallet, I was able to fit 18 of the double-ended bits into a 3x5 Omniseal bag that fit in the wallet. That was when I was EDCing a Charge, though, which didn't need the bit driver.

I thought of drilling a hole through the square end of the driver and attaching it to my keychain, but I'd rather not drill if I don't have to.

I wish LM sold a bit driver that was slimmer and accepted only their thin-pattern bits, but that's probably wishful thinking.

I've also considered buying LM's e306x or e307x knife, which would let me carry three of the double-ended bits, but again... that's another thing I have to carry.

Any other ideas?

Just a newbie's suggestion:
I EDC an LM-Surge with the leather sheath and I found that I can fit the double-ended bits on the elastic band found on the inside back part of my sheath. It's a tight fit for both the multi-tool and the bits but seem to work just fine. Besides which I also carry the small AAA battery Mag-light flashlight in one of the "side-pockets" of the sheath. Saves me time from picking up three seperate items when I'm running out the front door, although I end up late for work most of the time anyway. hehe.

Btw, i also dipped my leather sheath in a bucket of Armor-all leather care product one time while my neighbor was treating/softening his leather jacket. So it's really pliable and somewhat softer. Which makes it easier to fit in all of the stuff I just mentioned.

'hope this helps.

Yeah, the Surge's sheath was designed to hold a bit carreir in the back. This started with the New Wave and the Charge. It's much more obvious with the Charges because they ship with a carrier with six-double-ended bits. And that was certainly a good idea, but it's bulky. I have a Charge that I used to use as my work multi, but it was ore bulky than I'd like (and it would be even more so for EDC). My current EDC multi is a Juice Pro. The only pouches / carriers designed for it were designed for the tool only, though.

sparkee said:
Just a newbie's suggestion:
I EDC an LM-Surge with the leather sheath and I found that I can fit the double-ended bits on the elastic band found on the inside back part of my sheath. It's a tight fit for both the multi-tool and the bits but seem to work just fine. Besides which I also carry the small AAA battery Mag-light flashlight in one of the "side-pockets" of the sheath. Saves me time from picking up three seperate items when I'm running out the front door, although I end up late for work most of the time anyway. hehe.

Btw, i also dipped my leather sheath in a bucket of Armor-all leather care product one time while my neighbor was treating/softening his leather jacket. So it's really pliable and somewhat softer. Which makes it easier to fit in all of the stuff I just mentioned.

'hope this helps.

Oh definitely bulky! Especially since Surge is one of the bigger LM's out there.
I don't mind too much though, as long as I can carry the whole package in one go. Sometimes, when I need to carry additional stuff I use my CLC Tool Pack, it just slips into my belt and off I go, of course it's much more bulkier and awkward to carry around all day. But when the work demands it, what are you gonna do? Gotta earn some to get some to buy some more Multi-tools, right?
Going back to the main topic though ,and, as a further suggestion, why not just buy one of the Nylon Sheaths (only the sheath) designed for bigger LM's? They're not as thick nor as bulky as the Leather kind. You can find one on eBay lots of times, and they usually cost just a fraction of the original retail price.

You can fit several standard size bits inside the barrel of a midsize-to-fat ball point pen if you remove the ink cartridge. Then, you can carry the bits hidden inside the pen body.

Photo added:

bits-in-pen.jpg

Thanks for the idea. I do have a nylon pouch for a bigger model; in fact it came with the bit driver. It's a deluxe pouch with pockets on the sides, like my leather Charge sheath. Even that is too bulky for my liking, though. But, there's another issue. The Juice Pro is very thick, and that is compounded by the corkscrew. It doesn't fit well in the pouch; it's too think and not tall enough. It would work, but again, it's too bulky.

I know, I'm being very picky here. :D

sparkee said:
Oh definitely bulky! Especially since Surge is one of the bigger LM's out there.
I don't mind too much though, as long as I can carry the whole package in one go. Sometimes, when I need to carry additional stuff I use my CLC Tool Pack, it just slips into my belt and off I go, of course it's much more bulkier and awkward to carry around all day. But when the work demands it, what are you gonna do? Gotta earn some to get some to buy some more Multi-tools, right?
Going back to the main topic though ,and, as a further suggestion, why not just buy one of the Nylon Sheaths (only the sheath) designed for bigger LM's? They're not as thick nor as bulky as the Leather kind. You can find one on eBay lots of times, and they usually cost just a fraction of the original retail price.

Excellent idea! I'll keep that in mind. :)

parnass said:
You can fit several standard size bits inside the barrel of a midsize-to-fat ball point pen if you remove the ink cartridge. Then, you can carry the bits hidden inside the pen body.

Back