• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Companion, 6" EDC in S35VN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the kydex sheath ambidextrous? Also, is it teklok compatible? I'd probably want to keep this on my belt, and I'm a lefty, so curious on my carry options.

Really great piece, and I'm loving the entire package you put together.
I too am left handed. I feel your pain brother. They are spaced at 1 1/2", so they should work just fine for a large Tec Lok.

This is how I carry my knife. I really need to get a bit thicker or stiffer leather, bit I haven't had time! I do know there is one guy who bought one that is going to use a piece of leather filled around in a taco around the sheath to be able to carry it scout style. I have thought about that too.

0922152033.jpg

0922152033a.jpg

0922152036.jpg

Forgive the horrible pictures. Hard to take a picture of my side like that. That style of carry has stood up to several 24 he shifts of medic duty and regular edc carry on my days off, so it obviously works pretty well.

Thanks! Will email you tomorrow (I hope) to put in order details and arrange payment. Keep it up, and looking forward to 2016.

Thanks! Will email you tomorrow (I hope) to put in order details and arrange payment. Keep it up, and looking forward to 2016.
Shipping tomorrow early afternoon, so if you order tomorrow morning I can package and get it shipped with the others.

Thank you to everyone who has picked up one of these. I know you have lots of options and I'm honored to be the one you chose.

I wanted to update. I have 10 black knives left on this run. The next run is in process, but I'm not sure the time frame. So, if you want one, get it now. I have three sets of blue and three sets of purple scales as well, the other colors sold out. I have more coming. The scales will likely get here well before the second run of knives, so if you want another color other than black, here's what I'm suggesting.

Buy a black knife, and let me know what color you wanted. Ill keep your name on the list and when the scales come in you'll be notified. I'll eat the shipping on the scale sets, so you won't have to pay anything except the cost of the scales.

Only ten knives left!

Thank you to everyone who has picked up one of these. I know you have lots of options and I'm honored to be the one you chose.

I wanted to update. I have 10 black knives left on this run. The next run is in process, but I'm not sure the time frame. So, if you want one, get it now. I have three sets of blue and three sets of purple scales as well, the other colors sold out. I have more coming. The scales will likely get here well before the second run of knives, so if you want another color other than black, here's what I'm suggesting.

Buy a black knife, and let me know what color you wanted. Ill keep your name on the list and when the scales come in you'll be notified. I'll eat the shipping on the scale sets, so you won't have to pay anything except the cost of the scales.

Only ten knives left!

Let me know how to order one in black (and I want to get the Carbon Fiber scale set when available!)

What advantage do you see in trading toughness for edge retention in a knife of this size?
That's a good question. This knife is going to be on your hip, in your pocket, or around your neck almost 24/7. Heck, I'd wear mine 24/7, but I don't have pockets on my pajamas!

Since it's so handy to grab, since it's your constant companion, since it's backed by the best warranty in the world, you might use it in ways you wouldn't use other knives. Less.....knifey ways. I decided to trade a bit of edge retention for the ability of the knife to take abuse and keep on going. It is my hope to NEVER see one of my knives as a safe queen. They are meant to be used.

That's a good answer and sorry I missed your response. Plus it's up to you the maker how you heat treat the knives you make. Personally I prefer high hardness as I don't use my edcs as a prying tool or for chopping. These look like they're doing well and I hope business continues to build for you. If you make another run and offer them at 61+ I'll be the first in line

That's a good answer and sorry I missed your response. Plus it's up to you the maker how you heat treat the knives you make. Personally I prefer high hardness as I don't use my edcs as a prying tool or for chopping. These look like they're doing well and I hope business continues to build for you. If you make another run and offer them at 61+ I'll be the first in line

Vicv, please see this thread I just posted. Actual cutting stuff up results. Sure you don't want one, even with the current hardness?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...on-EDC-Cutting-Test!!?p=15242667#post15242667

That's quite impressive. I couldn't see the pictures though. Funny you should mention Jims tests. It was from him that I got s30 really only performs past 60 hrc and that's where I like my carbon knives to be. 60+. But 500 cuts of rope and still shaving is pretty good. I've always found knives hardened in that range the edge rolled easy. Sorry for clogging your sale the ad. OK couple questions. I'm not much up on the mid tech thing. So this is your design but someone else makes them? What is the thickness behind the edge? Thanks

Bret, email me please. I can't email you because you don't have email enabled. evansknifeandtool@gmail.com

Vicv, please see this thread I just posted. Actual cutting stuff up results. Sure you don't want one, even with the current hardness?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...on-EDC-Cutting-Test!!?p=15242667#post15242667

That's quite impressive. I couldn't see the pictures though. Funny you should mention Jims tests. It was from him that I got s30 really only performs past 60 hrc and that's where I like my carbon knives to be. 60+. But 500 cuts of rope and still shaving is pretty good. I've always found knives hardened in that range the edge rolled easy. Sorry for clogging your sale the ad. OK couple questions. I'm not much up on the mid tech thing. So this is your design but someone else makes them? What is the thickness behind the edge? Thanks
Nah, don't worry about clutter.

The thickness behind the edge is around 19-21 thou.

These are my design, produced with cam/cnc.

I will totally support a fellow Illinoisian by purchasing one of these in Black. Sending an email with a question.
PP Sent.

Last edited:
Thanks for the order! Only four more knives left on this run guys. Also, I think 7 of the next 10 sets of carbon fiber are already spoken for! Thank you all for being the best part of Evans Knife and Tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back