comparison between Katz boot knife and Fallkniven G-1

Aside from the obvious-both short double edged daggers. Has anyone out there handled both?

I have both and they are solid specimens of what they each are; that is, the G1 is a small, s****y, lightweight hideaway-type knife, and the Katz Avenger (I believe that's the boot knife you refer to) is a bigger, much heavier, and real serious all-around knife. The G1 goes with me everywhere in a neck sheath and is probably my favorite EDC at this time. The Avenger is just a little too big and bulky to tote around unobtrusively in my summer clothes. The G1 sees use all the time and obviously the Avenger does not. Both are extremely well made, stay very sharp, and feel real good in my hand. Haven't had to rely on either one for anything other than mundane cutting tasks though. That help at all? They aren't necessarily designed for the same applications (or are they?) If concealability were not a consideration, I'd wear the Avenger all the time, and carry the G1 too.

Now why on earth did my last post print "s****y" as "s****y"? Does "s****y" mean anything other than solid and well built? What's happening to our forum?

contains the word t-u-r-d I think the editing software is confused. Two days ago, people were using the F word and it wasn't edited:
lets try some stuff
darn
damn
drat
poop
caca

How about being unable to say Sa****ay (you know, the day between Friday and Sunday)? Now that's silly...:rolleyes:

Well that does make a certain amount of sense. I've had some rough Fridays that led to some ****ty Sa****ays.

Back