Compass Manufacture Report

Brunton now has a new compass series called O.S.S., all of which retain the circle-on-circle magnetized disk feature of the old Eclipse line. It is important to note that ALL Brunton compasses with the O.S.S. designation will be assembled in Wyoming from components sourced from only USA manufacturers.

HTH

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I own a Recta DS50 for several years now, didn't know that Suunto owns Recta.

Thanks for the informative post.

Too bad the Swedish Silvas aren't sold in the US. They really are great compasses.

I have not had goodluck with Silva or Brunton. Never had a Suunto or Recta compass, but I am happy with my Cammenga. I'm not gonna mess with something that I got right for myself.

I have some older Silva compasses that were made in Sweden.I now only buy Suunto and Cammenga products. Thanks for the information. These companies buy U.S. business and then send it all off to China. Good example of this is Marble Arms.Made here in Gladstone,Mi for 100 years and WR Case bought them out and sent everything to China.Marbles were some of the best knives you could own.Now they are straight up junk!

Back