Compasses in 4" CR handle

About six months ago I sold my CR Aviator...I'd had it for 8 years carried it frequently and sold it for $45 more than I paid for it. Great deal? No great knife.

The handle was stuffed with varnished strike anywhere matches, 3 tinder tabs, and a small compass. When I sold the knife I sold the stuffing as well. Seemed like the thing to do.

When I realized that I really wanted a new 4" CR I started looking and found a great deal here on BF. When I went to fit the buttcap with a compass I found out the new caps are even smaller than the old hex heads. Thought I was outta luck.

Recently I found a great little compass. Identical to the one in the buttcap of my Randall 18. Believe it or not it fits! It is a 1/2" diameter and with a little hot glue it'll mount like a champ. It reads true and my experience is between the hot glue and the tinder tabs the compass will be well protected.

I picked up all I could find maybe someone has something neat to trade???

What brand is it and how much you looking for on it? I came across some Brunton Button Compasses for the caps too...
e-mail me at jon@jpcorp.com

Thanks!

Jon

Back