Competition for worst laws.

The laws in Ireland suck! I live in Florida I am okay for just about anything except open carry. I have CWP so I conceal Handgun and knife. I can accidentally show gun and it is not considered bradishing...i.e. the wind blow my shirt up. Thanks Rick Scott for that! I can also carry Switchblade or Balisong legally. I loved California, but their laws suck and I hate Florida weather, but the laws rock!

Canada is pretty bad, i wish i could own automatics but mostly balisongs. Also you cant really own a handgun unless you have a restricted gun license.

Massachusetts. Switchblades, dirks, stilettos, daggers (double-edged knives), ballistic knives, blackjacks, nunchakus, brass knuckles all illegal to carry (felony). Pepper spray/Mace requires a Class D Restricted FID (Firearms Identification Card) to possess. Non-large-capacity rifles and shotguns require a Class C FID to possess. Large-capacity rifles and shotguns, along with non-large-capacity handguns, require a Class B LTC (License to Carry) to possess. Large-capacity handguns require a Class A LTC to possess. LTCs can be, and often are, restricted by local licensing authorities (police chiefs) to sporting or hunting use only. An unrestricted Class A LTC is the only license that allows the concealed carry of a loaded handgun. Although FID cards are "shall issue", all LTCs are "may issue". A chief can deny an application based upon "suitability" of the applicant or for no reason at all. LTCs can be revoked for good reason or no reason. All the chief has to do is determine that the person is no longer "suitable". If this happens, all firearms and ammunition must be turned over to the police immediately. All ammunition, including components such as spent shell casings, requires a Class C FID or higher to possess. Violations of MA gun laws are all felonies with minimum mandatory one-year jail sentences. There are a number of communities that completely ban the carrying of knives with blades over 2.5" in length. Mostly Boston and surrounding North Shore communities, but there are others as well.

Comments: Saw a typical "biker' dude in the grocery with a holstered auto pistol and silencer. Don't want to disturb the other shoppers
Heck, sounds like a very considerate guy. Love it.:D

I think it's dumb that many states allow a handgun to be carried as self defense, but not any other weapon. What if I would rather carry a sword, or even a big stick?

A friend of mine was arrested years ago for a tire iron under the seat. His mistakes was telling the cop it was for self defense. If it had been a (legal) gun he (maybe) wouldn't have had any trouble.

I think it's dumb that many states allow a handgun to be carried as self defense, but not any other weapon. What if I would rather carry a sword, or even a big stick?

A friend of mine was arrested years ago for a tire iron under the seat. His mistakes was telling the cop it was for self defense. If it had been a (legal) gun he (maybe) wouldn't have had any trouble.
I carry a Cold Steel "special forces shovel" in the driver's side door pocket of my pickup truck. Makes a devastating self-defense weapon while remaining perfectly legal as a functional tool.

I carry a framing hammer in my truck. And some pliers and a tape measure, etc. to make it legit.

Blade Law:Balisong, fixed, fold, shiv, shank, auto...etc are all permitted to own and CCW, just don't go brandishing it in public.
If you're somehow stupid enough to get the police involved and the knife is too exotic say a 9" blade w/ serrated back the most that could happen is spend the night with the cops w/o crim record if memory serves.
General rule is anything one handed is legal, any two handed must be registered.

Gun Law:Not sure on this one since natives are allowed to have two hunting rifles, must be registered. But can not produce or import guns, all existing guns before the law went into effect must be registered.

Other weapon/item Law:Telescope baton, pepper spray and such are allowed. Melee tasers are in the grey, mostly carried by armed security. Ranged tasers no so sure.

Self Defense Law:No more defensive actions can be made once the offender has lost the will or power to attack, all defensive actions must be made while on equal footing. So if you're carrying a machete and the offenders using a pocket folder you're screwed.

Back