completely irrelevant post

Originally posted by Blasto -
Hogman: Victor Wooton is not just a great bass player. He is the undisputed, worlds greatest, grand-pooh-bah of all bass players

Trust me blasto victor's otherworldly funkiness has often caused me to burst into tears at my own inability to play like that. Great to have another flecktones fan here. But remember, those who neglect the polka will never know who stole the kishka!

BTW, I bought a pair of new black sneakers today; hope i dont make stabbing holes in them too soon.

Hey!!!:mad: I thought this was an off topic post!!!

BTW, I bought a pair of new black sneakers today; hope i dont make stabbing holes in them too soon.

That's damn near talking about ba**songs.

Let's just watch it out there...

I just got a new pair of black shoes too...:D

By those stabbing holes i was referring to the scars i occasionally give myself while hoing in my garden. You didnt think i was...you couldnt think i was refferring to..:eek: :eek: :eek: no its just to horrible!!

BTW these etnies are mighty comfortable, and i hope that you are aware that tapioca comes from a fruitnut called manioc.

comic182.gif

what about him....he's a pretty serious bass player

once my bass teacher and I were trying to pick thru a live solo of his and we decided that he must have overdubbed it because it was impossible to play.

lo and behold I saw the video, and he's freakin amazing

Les claypool and flea are both relatively good players, but with practice their lines are not that hard, whereas wooten's are friggin impossible. Also, both les and flea have limited musical knowledge, and thus their playing styles are limited. Wooten can play, rock, funk, classical, jazz, anything you want.

Yes, the bassplayers everyone knows are pretty good and innovative at best, but wooten is untouchable. He and Jaco Pastorius are the unbeatable gods of bass. Just think: the man has a natural talent for his instrument, a steady devotion to it, and has been playing since 3 yrs old!!! You cant beat that.

i'll have to look into that...thanks

edit....um...i just downloaded some of his stuff, better start practicing

Mayo with liverwurst, no question, and a very thin slice of red onion, all on a very sturdy dark bread. Prefect.

Flea and Claypool are my idle's. It tookalot of practice to play like them but with time I couldn't really tell a difference. I've never heard of Wooten though, don't jump on me too hard. I guess i've been sucluded from that type of stuff.

Bela fleck is pretty cool, but no one does foggy mountian breakdown like Earl Scruggs or Steve Martin.:D

I've been unbeatable in Soldier of Fortune lately...:)

I just got a new skateboard and have been keeping up with the 12 year olds at the skatepark... :p

My bones are much too brittle...:(

Gravity progressively increases...:(

Entropy and Chaos are my friends...:D

To do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law...:rolleyes:

Too much self love makes you jealous of those who envy you...:confused:

What he said...:cool:

It's not entirely accurate to say I found my car keys, since I pretty much knew where I left them. Of course until you actually look, you don't know for sure, so when viewed in that context, I did, in a manner of speaking, find them.

sliced or that kind that comes in the tube like toothpaste.....the tube liverwurst is the best!

and cannabish...flea and les are my heroes too, but wooten is absolutely sick

It's a funny thing about loosing things...
It's always in the last place you look...:D

Originally posted by hogman:

Les claypool and flea are both relatively good players, but with practice their lines are not that hard, whereas wooten's are friggin impossible. Also, both les and flea have limited musical knowledge, and thus their playing styles are limited. Wooten can play, rock, funk, classical, jazz, anything you want.

Yes, the bassplayers everyone knows are pretty good and innovative at best, but wooten is untouchable. He and Jaco Pastorius are the unbeatable gods of bass. Just think: the man has a natural talent for his instrument, a steady devotion to it, and has been playing since 3 yrs old!!! You cant beat that.

>Hogdude....for some of us senior citizens...all there is, would be Jack Bruce...my all time fav...

Have any of these other bassgods ever been on the same stage with Clapton??

Best wishes,

Phil

Back