compound leverage

Hi Ron,

Compound leverage - that's a neat piece of engineering.

Been comparing the SOG crossgrip in one hand and the Leatherman micra in the other hand this evening.

Using the SOG reminds me of driving a car with power steering for the first time.

David

ps I see www.sogknives.co.uk has just gone live

Hi David,

Thanks for the kind comments. Your analogy is fitting. :) If you decide to purchase one, let us know what you think!

Yes, http://www.sogknives.co.uk has been up for a month or so. They are a dealer of ours in the UK and did a very nice on their site.

Hi Ron,

sorry, should have made myself clear - I had the micra given to me as a present last year and I had bought the SOG this week.

Interesting comparing prices here in the UK - both the crossgrip and the crosscut cost less than the micra but that compound leverage puts the SOG in a class of its own. I'll go for the SOG anytime.

David

Originally posted by dl23
Hi Ron,
...I had the micra given to me as a present last year and I had bought the SOG [CrossGrip] this week....Interesting comparing prices here in the UK - both the crossgrip and the crosscut cost less than the micra but that compound leverage puts the SOG in a class of its own. I'll go for the SOG anytime. David

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm sure you will be happy with you tool. It "grows on you," doesn't it?

Take care.

I have the TiNi Powerlock, and just love it. The looks (it's gold) and the compound leverage gears never fail to generate questions from anyone who sees it.
I use it all the time from opening boxes (hardly a challenge), to fixing stuff around the house (when I don't want to lug the toolbox around), to doing parts analysis at work.
I have had a leatherman (nice enough... gave it to my father-in-law), and a Gerber (also nice, gave it to a friend), but I just like my SOG.
People like to try to borrow it... it's harder to steal, since the gold colour is very distinctive...
Rob

With all the multi tools available on the market, it was tough to decide which to go with, but I settled on the SOG PowerLock. Now this is one solid tool! I really appreciate the compound leverage feature and I like being able to flip the tool open (almost like a butterfly knife). :)

I just bought a Crossgrip today, to replace my lost Sebertool M4. The Crossgrip is truly in a class if it's own. I own the full sized PowerLock, but now that I have a Crossgrip, I ask myself why I didn't get this one sooner.

Back