Comprehensive list of Manix 2 standard/sprint/exclusives

The pages come up as 404 error for me under White Mountain and GPknives, but Google search saves the cached pages. Wonder why they got taken down.

I'm a big fan of the manix. I only have two, but I have seen some members here share pictures of collections that looked to have all of the variations. Minus the FRN possibly.

CF Cruwear was KC exclusive IIRC

That's what the wiki says.

They come very soon,both C101GPBN2 in SATIN and DLC.expected before end May (what i've heard).

DLC seems like an interesting option on a stainless steel. I get why people would and wouldn't want it on a high carbon steel---protection vs patina. I guess some folks really dig the aesthetics.

I opted for the satin version of the BHQ natural/M4 version. I was late getting into this game so I had to go through secondary market. When the knife arrived there was a spot of corrosion on one side of the blade, so I can see the attraction of a coating on the easily corrodible steels.

The pages come up as 404 error for me under White Mountain and GPknives, but Google search saves the cached pages. Wonder why they got taken down.

I was wondering this as well. I wonder if they accidentally spilled the beans and tried to back-track

Tell me about the wood scales on your Manii

I made the scales myself. The ones on the satin blade are made from Bolivian rosewood. The set on the DLC knife are made from zebrawood. I found a place near me that sells wood that already comes pretty thin. I didn't have to do much sanding to get them to the right thickness. I do have two other types of wood to make more I just haven't had a chance to make them yet.
IMG_0438.JPG IMG_0437.JPG

I made the scales myself. The ones on the satin blade are made from Bolivian rosewood. The set on the DLC knife are made from zebrawood. I found a place near me that sells wood that already comes pretty thin. I didn't have to do much sanding to get them to the right thickness. I do have two other types of wood to make more I just haven't had a chance to make them yet.
View attachment 1124360 View attachment 1124363

Those are some really impressive projects! What did you use to seal the wood?

What would it take to get Spyderco to do a sprint with wood scales?

Those are some really impressive projects! What did you use to seal the wood?

I used boiled linseed oil. I sanded them both down to 1500 grit sandpaper and then couple coats of oil. If they start to look dingy I just rub them down again and they look new again.

there is a M390 Manix2 in the pipeline,pretty soon.

You know, I've been googling "Manix 2 m390 Earth brown" and "C101GPBN2" every single day since you've posted this comment, and it's still not out. I'm very worried I'm going to miss the boat when it drops and have to pay way more on the secondary market like I did for most of my Manix 2 collection.

Anybody hear anything about this? I was hoping for an update at blade show, but none of the coverage I saw mentioned there m390 Manix 2s coming out

Just to clarify my insanity, beattheheat's post was on May 3rd and it's now June 21, so it's like 7 weeks I've been checking. I definitely have a problem!

You know, I've been googling "Manix 2 m390 Earth brown" and "C101GPBN2" every single day since you've posted this comment, and it's still not out. I'm very worried I'm going to miss the boat when it drops and have to pay way more on the secondary market like I did for most of my Manix 2 collection.

Anybody hear anything about this? I was hoping for an update at blade show, but none of the coverage I saw mentioned there m390 Manix 2s coming out

Just to clarify my insanity, beattheheat's post was on May 3rd and it's now June 21, so it's like 7 weeks I've been checking. I definitely have a problem!

I sold my standard G-10 Manix 2 S30V in anticipation of this M390 version. I can't wait for it to come out.

I must rise to the defense of the translucent Manix! I have a lot of the Manix model. Although not to the level of some of our collectors. Multiple standard black,XL, brown/M4, blurple 110, DLT red, etc. And I love them and I’ve carried them all. But lately... you would find the translucent BD1 version clipped to my right pocket. The weight savings is just too nice. I lubed it and worked the action a few hundred times and now it Spydie flicks easily. True enough, one of the super steels and G-10 would be better is I was cutting my way out of a downed helicopter in a rain forest... but for my daily use... that Lightweight has worked very well. The fancy ones are resting in their boxes for now.

I must rise to the defense of the translucent Manix! I have a lot of the Manix model. Although not to the level of some of our collectors. Multiple standard black,XL, brown/M4, blurple 110, DLT red, etc. And I love them and I’ve carried them all. But lately... you would find the translucent BD1 version clipped to my right pocket. The weight savings is just too nice. I lubed it and worked the action a few hundred times and now it Spydie flicks easily. True enough, one of the super steels and G-10 would be better is I was cutting my way out of a downed helicopter in a rain forest... but for my daily use... that Lightweight has worked very well. The fancy ones are resting in their boxes for now.
I must say, I don't really care much for the scales, but m390 on a manix 2... Sweet... On the other hand, Black blade Mayne not my choice.. But I like DLT trading... It is where I purchase most ot my knives... Anyone know where will be available the satin finished version?

Who is releasing this one? It's not actually posted on a website yet is it? I remember seeing a picture/hearing about it a few months back.

I also have a similar affinity for the Manix 2. I have a similar collection of PM2s but that one is a little bit larger.

I personally think the Fradon Lock Manix 2 was the nicest ever released, and one of the nicest Spydercos' ever made. The build quality as out of this world, I really wish they did better so Fradon Lock would of brought us more awesome exclusives. I loved them so much I bought 2 and had 1 reground.

A few have a good coating of oil on them for storage.

hjrhVz0.jpg

bqQw7JG.jpg

IAUotWb.jpg

Who is releasing this one? It's not actually posted on a website yet is it? I remember seeing a picture/hearing about it a few months back.

I also have a similar affinity for the Manix 2. I have a similar collection of PM2s but that one is a little bit larger.

I personally think the Fradon Lock Manix 2 was the nicest ever released, and one of the nicest Spydercos' ever made. The build quality as out of this world, I really wish they did better so Fradon Lock would of brought us more awesome exclusives. I loved them so much I bought 2 and had 1 reground.

A few have a good coating of oil on them for storage.

hjrhVz0.jpg

bqQw7JG.jpg

IAUotWb.jpg
That's really cool on the regrind. I wish it would have come with a flat grind to begin with, the the blade weight of the thick spine on the hollow ground blade sure gives it a pleasant open and closing action.

I'm really not sure if/when the m390 Manix is coming out. I've still been checking...

If I recall, it was originally listed on gpknives, knife joker, bhq?

I have been in on a few mega deer butchering details . That said , i have ruana in 1095 . It went through 4 deer .
A little steeling was all it needed
All that said , i have been using a dlt manix2 in 20cv since January. This has to be the best steel, i have ever used .
Spyderco hit it out of the park with this knife . American made steel , Colorado made , red g10, 20cv steel.
About three passes on the golden stone and its a razor again .
Regrets ? Yes . I didnt pick up an extra. I even bought a flytainum ball lock replacement. Never need it ,but its comforting to have .

Jake

View attachment 1124360 View attachment 1124363
Those look awesome!

Makes me hope they do a pakkawood version someday

Back