Compression Lock Pinch?

Has anyone found that when using the opening hole and not the ramp on a Gunting that as the Compression lock closes there hand is getting pinched? I have never really noticed it but 3 people that I let play with it today all had a similar experience?

Yep, I've gotten pinched a couple times now. I was just going to ask the same question. Oh well.... no pain, no gain
biggrin.gif

Not a pinch, but more like a sharp "POP" when the lock springs into place.

------------------
Mark, Isiah 40:31 They that wait on the LORD shall mount up with wings as eagles...

Got nipped the first couple of times I did a hole/ramp opening. I just shifted my grip a bit and haven't had any problems since.

I wouldn't mind if the compression liner was cut back a bit more. I don't really care if I can close the knife really quickly.

Guys, the reason you are being pinched is because of your grip. You are holding the knife too tightly, (white knuckling). Relax a little and you will find that the problem goes away.

Jody

Isn't that just like a woman!!!!!!!

First they want to tell you what to do, then they want to tell you how to do it!!!!
smile.gif

Terry

I bet the next time I see the biker chick "It's gonna hurt" LOL

Only with the revesre lock did I ever get pinched..ROFL..
NEVER with the GUNTING version..
but I hold the knife way back and its in alignment with my webbing of my thumb...LOL..
hmmmm
Ok I certainly won't argue with the GUNTING GODDESS Jody...don't hold it so tight..
And watch where you hold your fingers..
NOOO not near the horns,down on the shaft..I mean handle ....lower lower...

oops..Hi Jody!....

I think its all in the "FEEL" of opening it..
I've opened it a zillion times..no exaggeration..Ask Sal..or one of the GUNTAHOLICS...I constantly open it and close it..so its part of my daily life...
no pinching...

It's not really a pinch as mentioned. As the lock moves over into locked position, if your hand is close, one can feel the tip of the lock "Gunting" the inside of your hand.

Like a wake up call urging you to pay attention to the "hear and now". Purposely built into each and every Gunting to "raise your awareness level" as you open the knife.

OK, so it's not true....we're woking on it though. Refinments in the very tiny dips and bends in hard steel. Time & effort refines.

sal

Back