Congrats Dex on the BLADE arcticle!

Got the new BLADE today and caught your arcticle. Great job! Just wanted to pat ya on the back on the forums! If somebody beat me to the punch, sorry about the redundant post, I haven't been on much of late. If not then good job!....jeff

Great writer, great guy. I was a bit worried about him falling in the pool at the blade show, I dont think he could have swam to the top with all the knives he was packing!

------------------
www.simonichknives.com

For those wondering what Rob is talking about - here's Dex at the Blade Show. It took four of us plus Dexter to display all of the knives that he had on his person. LOL

Dexter_knives_small.jpg

Check out that Will Fennell hat he's wearing.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

[This message has been edited by Senator (edited 03 December 1999).]

Darrel, Jeff, and Rob - thanks for the kind words
smile.gif

Yup, the infamous Blade show pic! I have seen some instances where I had more steel on me than some exhibitors had on their tables
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

Ok now how about a list of the ones he had on him at the show. I think I see an Apogee in there as well as a Starmate, AFCK(?) and others.

------------------
The vague and tenuous hope that GOD is too kind to punish the ungodly has become a deadly opiate for the conscience of millions.

*A. W. Tozer

2 Cor 5:10

Great job, Dex. Keep it up..

I heard that all those knives in the picture are made of wood. No, just kidding.....

I'd congratulate Dex, but I don't want him loaded down with even more knives the next time I see him... I can see it now, a walking (or shambling) pile of cutlery moving slowly from table to table
biggrin.gif
reviewing all the while.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

What amazes me more than all the knives he carries is the fact that he remembers EXACTLY where each one is on his person.I`ve tried to do it with half the number of knives and not been able to do it.It is cool walking a show with him,learning how to evaluate a knife for every detail of fit,finish and craftsmanship.
Not too shabby at writing either!
Congratulations on another fine article,Dexter.
David

AKTI#150

Great work on the article Dexter.

As for the knives, I'll try naming them. From left to right...
  • Spyderco Starmate
  • Microtech Soccom
  • Darrel Ralph Apogee
  • Benchmade 710
  • William Henry T12 Spearpoint
  • Spyderco Military
  • Microtech Kestrel
  • Spyderco Starmate
  • Spyderco Police
  • REKAT Carnavoire

Did I win anything?
    smile.gif

------------------
    Johnny
    <FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

JoHnYKwSt - good eye
smile.gif
Prize? How about an autographed copy of the rag?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

Ding ding ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!!! What did you win? Well... Uhhh... Hmmm... How about you won the chance to be the one to jump into the pool to rescue Dex!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

Liked the article!

------------------
-Humpty

"Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty dumpty had a great fall.
Maybe Humpty should of had a knife."

Back