Congratulations Steelers!!

fitzo

Gold Member
That was an enjoyable game. The Steelers are worthy winners. To us, they epitomize the blue collar working class ethic of their hometown. We appreciate the way Cowher and his players love each other. It was a joy seeing Dan Rooney accept the trophy and wish Dad could have been here; 5 trophies for the Rooneys and Pittsburgh and west PA! How cool is that, eh? :)

I'm happy for all you Steeler fans!

Whatever :jerkit:

HAHAHA :p

Seriously though, it was a good game. Of course I can't say it without sounding like "sore loser" but I think there were some crappy calls on Seattle... but such is life.

Pittsburgh had an impressive game, and I was glad to see a good competition... rather than a runaway :cool: I think they were very gracious winners.

I was expecting a much better game. Were some interesting commercials. The one that stuck in my mind the most was the Bud Horses and the sheep streaker.

One of the troubles of living in Bum___, New Mexico, I only get two channels and ABC ain't one of them.

I don't have time to watch enough TV to justify getting Cable.

fitzo

Gold Member
Nick, there are bad calls in every game. I was able to overlook those that favored the Steelers! ;)

The touchdown reception that got called back on Seattle, the defensive back was holding the receiver just before he pushed off to make the catch. I wondered at the time if the zebra would have flagged the hold if the guy hadn't mildly pushed off.

By the same token, the last Seattle touchdown was achieved by running what could have easily been called a pick. It's hard to believe that a receiver running a crossing pattern "accidentally" runs into the DB who would otherwise be covering the guy who eventually catches the pass.;)

I don't think there is ever a game where a couple of missed or questionably made calls don't have an important influence.

Neither team really played like they do in the regular season. Seems to be a recurrent theme in the post-season.

shgeo said:
One of the troubles of living in Bum___, New Mexico, I only get two channels and ABC ain't one of them.

I don't have time to watch enough TV to justify getting Cable.

Steve, You don't know how well off you are.

Hey, I heard that Pittsburg has been ordered to change the spelling of their teams name to............the SteAlers!:D
After all, they got to take their 12th man to the game. You know the guys in black and white srtipes!:jerkit: :D

Seriously, the game was the Seahawks to loose and they did a damn fine job of it!

-Mike-

I love the Steelers. Have always. Born in WV but being a child in PA and later a teenager and in my early 20's in Wheeling, WV (absolute Steelers country) I am Steelers completely. Even at that I had zero idea they are as deep as they are. With most our big names and hipe guys playing not full throttle (Ward not included in that statement) they proved themselves deep. Coaching; superb. I am so happy I got to see one more before I go to my maker. I was wondering for a long time if I could. I might not have another 26 years to wait. It happened. It really is true. and Congrats Seahawks. You darn near did it.

Roger