1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congress Tool per Sharpmaker Triangular Rods?

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Rhodies, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:04 PM.

1. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    Anybody have experience using the MoldMaster Triangular Rods over a period of time? How are they holding up? Is there still a place for the Sharpmaker Diamond Rods in the progression if the Moldmaster Rods are in use? Thanks...

2. wade7575

wade7575

Apr 3, 2013
    I have a set of the normal MoldMaster stones coming only because everyone that I know that use's them say's they like and they work well on most steel's,from what I'm reading more and more lately is how much people like the Spyderco Fine and Ultra Fine Ceramic stones they sell you should take a look into them as I think people are liking them more then the MoldMaster stones.I think they make the fine and Ultra Fine for the Sharpmaker as well.

3. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    Thanks Wade for your comment. I would be curious to know if the MoldMaster could handle SuperSteels such as s35vn, m390, m4 and lastly s110v all which I currently own. I don't think the m390 would be a problem, but the others? I currently have the medium and fine grit stones that came with the Sharpmaker and I am wondering (out loud) if throwing in a diamond set along with the UF Stones would be adequate for the SuperSteels or adding the MoldMaster Stones would enhance my quest?

4. wade7575

wade7575

Apr 3, 2013
    I would be looking more towards the Venev stones sold by Gritomatic,Rhodies do you have a contact email you can post for me to contact you at.

5. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    [email protected]