Photos Connecticut pattern, or...?

Total novice here — joined to ask this! From exploring this forum, I’ve formed an uneducated guess that the axe that I picked up this weekend for $5 is a Connecticut, but I have no idea. Can anyone ID age and pattern? There are no identifying marks on it anywhere, so I have no idea of the maker, but I’m located in CT, so it kind of makes sense?

tNvOspM.jpg

EvT0NOm.jpg

I'm also in Ct (S.E.)and also fairly new to axes. If you google axe patterns in the images there are a # of good charts. They don't always agree but it's a good starting point.

I want to say you have yourself a connie from CT!
Welcome to the forum!

Try taking some profile pics and post so we can confirm your find.
Try knocking off some rust with a brass brush, perhaps there will be a stamped revealed.

I feel like it may be a Plumb...?

I want to say you have yourself a connie from CT!
Welcome to the forum!

Try taking some profile pics and post so we can confirm your find.
Try knocking off some rust with a brass brush, perhaps there will be a stamped revealed.

I feel like it may be a Plumb...?
Not a Delaware pattern?

Sorry all! It’s at my mother’s place, so I don’t have immediate access to it… How do I take a profile picture? Like what does that mean in terms of parts of an axe??

I'm also in Ct (S.E.)and also fairly new to axes. If you google axe patterns in the images there are a # of good charts. They don't always agree but it's a good starting point.
Yeah, I’ve tried, but I think I just don’t have an eye for it? The differences are so slight, and I’m not sure what other should look like, so comparing is difficult.

I hope this helps to ID your pattern.

Personally I run into the Dayton or Connie debate and debacle a few times here and there, every now and then...;)
If I cant will it into a connie, it must be a dayton:)

Woodslasher Connie and Woodslasher Dayton

20190515-163421.jpg

20190515-163435.jpg

20190515-163455.jpg

Sorry, we cant discuss the specific monetary value for axes...that said. Which flea market?:D
:cool::)

Reactions: A17
I would be tempted to say that's more of an eBay item than a flea market item. But not wanting to overstep the rules that's all I'll say.

Reactions: A17
Oh, cool! What do you think it’s age is?? I’m looking to sell it at a flea market and just kinda want to know what I’m selling, haha! Unless you’d like to buy it
Sorry, we cant discuss the specific monetary value for axes...that said. Which flea market?:D
:cool::)
OH no, no, I was asking the age! Not about how much. Am I allowed to say where I’ll be?

Back