Photos Connecticut's - Connies - CT Patterns

Thanks for the kind words, you guys have it pretty well figured. Packing mules and falling hazard trees on fire, has been keeping me pretty busy. Nice mellow fires though, as it goes. Just getting started on extreme fire season here in all reality.

l4LCCev.jpg

IbBdSHN.jpg

e5yuBRn.jpg
When I first joined I thought your user name was a thoughtful way of saying you were an "ass man". Hahaha. Come to find out you actually work with mules!! Very cool(by that I mean hot) job to have man. Any time you feel like posting pics please do! I love seeing all the different things you post! Glad to know you're staying ahead of 'em. Be safe muleman77!

In the spirit of sharing. My connies;
0ayvoJL.jpg

Far right and left are both Rogers superior and both coincidentally found in Maine. The two in the middle are obvious. The larger one with original helve I scored from jblyttle and the worlds finest was from fleabay.
mcRmhSS.jpg
fLQ43RH.jpg
sixVVm4.jpg
4UoB6Hz.jpg

I gave this one a run for its money and it was awesome using it. Made short work of this 24" red oak.
eV647au.jpg

HRy3FBf.jpg

When I see pictures of muleman's mules I remember how much I liked working with them on the wilderness projects. I packed into the Bob Marshall many time with a legendary old FS packer- Gene Brash. Gene told me early on that you tell a horse what you want him to do, and he will do it or not. But a mule you tell him what you want him to do, and then you have to give him a good reason why he should do what you want so he can make up his mind if it's yes or no. Gene said thats the difference in working mules and horses. A horse is not smart enough to need a good reason. I hope it turns out to be a easy and safe fire season.

Back