Considering a ZT566...owners input requested

Hi all,
I want a new EDC knife and am strongly considering the ZT566.
My current EDC is the Benchmade 585 mini-Barrage with Golden Amboyna scales and SAK Tinker, but I switch off the 585 with a standard scale 585 or a ZT350.
Those are my only folders. I don't consider this a "collection" but I do like knives and am ready for another. I also really like assist opening knives...just do.
I've done some reading...reviews and posts on this forum...as well as on the ZT site. I've read some disquieting info regarding the blade steel from some but most seem to like it quite a bit.
I'd like your impressions regarding this knife.
Thank you,
Kai

I have the full Size and I am more than impressed with it.
There are a bunch of reviews on the 566 rite now. Look around.
I am sure it is exactly what you are looking for and more. If you like the 0350 then this will be your grail in that class of knives IMO>

One thing to consider is that the 0566 is really only going to be a flipper unless you de-assist it. It can be opened with the thumb stud as-is, but it takes some strength and will tear up your thumb if you play with it a lot. Other than that it's a very solid-feeling knife, is very smooth, is a good size for EDC, and is terrific all-around. I've been cutting up boxes with mine and so far it still shaves, though I haven't had it for very long. It's a keeper for sure, although I may deassist mine just because I like the option of using the thumbstud.

Hi all,
I want a new EDC knife and am strongly considering the ZT566.
My current EDC is the Benchmade 585 mini-Barrage with Golden Amboyna scales and SAK Tinker, but I switch off the 585 with a standard scale 585 or a ZT350.
Those are my only folders. I don't consider this a "collection" but I do like knives and am ready for another. I also really like assist opening knives...just do.
I've done some reading...reviews and posts on this forum...as well as on the ZT site. I've read some disquieting info regarding the blade steel from some but most seem to like it quite a bit.
I'd like your impressions regarding this knife.
Thank you,
Kai

I think that would be a great choice. I use to be a 0350 primary carry (as much as I could when I had over 100+ quality folders in my inventory)
and then switched to a 0560 and absolutely love it. In regards to blade steel, my best friend beat the brakes off his 0560 and the thing just kept up at it. I honestly think you'll enjoy it.

My edc right now? 0560 cbcf.

it's perfect for edc, thin, sturdy, deep carry clip, steel lock side, you will love it. Let me know when you find one in stock as I want to get another one for back up. It's that good.

It really is great, there are many good reviews out their. There's a multi page thread right here on that.

Mine has been de-assisted, and it really shines that way. To be honest, I think the assist sort of "cheapens" it. It really is a quality knife, solid and smooth.

I prefer manual knives over assisted. And after I deassisted my 0566 I really like it. As billygoat says, the thumb studs are unusable unless you deassist the knife. Once the knife is deassisted it acts more like a smaller ZT 0550 if you like thumb flicking. But if you like assisted knives and finger flipping, assisted is the way to go. I think you will find the size likeable. Thinner scales then your mini barrage, but just a slightly larger knife overall. I'm keeping mine.

I've had mine for a little over two weeks now. I have not de-assisted it. Let me say that I'm in love. I'm going to sell my PM2 that it has kicked out of my pocket. I've used it to cut down boxes, open mail, cut up an apple, still super sharp. I highly recommend it.

I love the 566, it hasn't left my pocket since I got it. The Elmax is really good mine holds an edge nicely. Quickly becoming one of my favorite knives. Jump in and pick one up is a great choice as an EDC

I've used mine a bit and really like it, the elmax seems to hold a sharper edge a bit longer than the s30 or the s35 of my 550. 2 large round hay bales is what it takes to remove the razor sharpness of the 350 or 550. The elmax was still considerably sharper after the same cutting, and cutting the netting off of 5foot hay bales and the edge directly cutting into the hay is a tough test. The assisted flip is nice and strong just like the zt350 and it takes up much less pocket space. All in all its a very handy well made knife.

I've had mine for a little over two weeks now. I have not de-assisted it. Let me say that I'm in love. I'm going to sell my PM2 that it has kicked out of my pocket. I've used it to cut down boxes, open mail, cut up an apple, still super sharp. I highly recommend it.
:confused:

I like mine a lot. It is very slim (especially for a knife of its size) and carries very comfortably in pocket. It rides deep and very discretely. In hand, it is comfortable. It has a good solid feel to it, and the high flat grind makes it a great slicer. I really can't recommend the 0566 enough.

Back