Considering Purchasing a HT Oven

I am considering purchasing a HT oven and I'm looking at Evenheat KH 414 as it is small enough for me to fit at my place, only runs 120 V and seems large enough for what I will need to do with it.

Just got a couple of questions for anyone who uses one or has one that is similar to this.

1) Has anyone ever operated one of these vertically (with the door facing the ceiling)? I might want to cast some small objects in bronze so it would be great if I could take advantage of the 13.5 inch height rather than the 4.25" when horizontal.
2) How long would it take to heat from room temperature to say around 1000 C?
3) When the interior is at around 1500 F, what is the temperature of the outer surface of the oven after around 10 minutes? I want to calculate heat loss so I get a better idea of what I'll be paying for each heat.

I make knives and tools from time to time but it is mainly a hobby so I am trying to squeeze out as much use as possible. Ideally, I would like to use this oven to conduct a bit of research of my own such as:

1) Water quenching (with actual science!)
2) Oil quenching (with actual science!)
3) Austempering

Would be great if some of you would know the answer(s) to any of the above question(s). Comments welcomed.

Would be even better if anyone knows of other models of ovens of relatively the same price or if there is a used one on sale. Thanks!

I just got a even heat with the TAP controller. You can input the local price per kw of electricity and it will yell you the cost for every firing. The outside is warm. All the other questions might be for evenheat themselves. I love my evenheat so far. :)

Just a note on vertical operation: If I'm not mistaken, the heater elements go along the sides AND back of the kiln, so they would be on the bottom if turned vertically. Unless you're suspending your crucible from the top somehow, I doubt you'd want to put it directly on the elements. I suppose you might be able to put in a small standoff or something as well. Other than that, I don't see why it couldn't work.

Back