Contact cement

Hi all its been a while since i posted anything. So i need to find a different contact cement. Quit using barge because it was making my eyes water. Switched to weldwood and I really like it but its allergy season and its pretty rough on the snoot never mind dwindling brain cells. Has anyone found anything any better ?
Thanks.
John

I’ve been using barge cement and after a recommendation I’ve ordered weld wood original. I haven’t heard anything else mentioned for cements. For the smell barge does offer low to none voc version.
Check Barge and weldwood web sites for more info.

Two others first the inexspensive one : Fast Tack (sp?) see automotive / body shop.
Second
Cement for sew up (old school) bicycle tires : Tubasti, Continental . . . there are many others. Sold in very small squeeze tubes but look for larger quantity in cans.

I'm not sure about the fumes I only use them very rarely these days.

Yeah there’s a whole lot of brands available. I did see a green can of weldwood brand I think it’s water based. I may order a can and try that. Wasn’t sure if water base would hold well.

Yep the green can of Weldwood is pretty much nirvana. Holds great, better than that, way out holds Barge. Try it. I buy it in galleon cans from Home Depot. All I've used for years.

Yep, I'm getting close to switching to that green can, it does sound like the best of both worlds. No more fumes making my head feel like it has ball bearings in it.
I'm a long time Weldwood user and still use it today simply out of cost. But honestly health is more important than money. Tried a tube of barge a while back and agreed, it smells a lot worse and does not stick as good.

Yep the green can of Weldwood is pretty much nirvana. Holds great, better than that, way out holds Barge. Try it. I buy it in galleon cans from Home Depot. All I've used for years.

Dave, was about to recommend you for advice, but see you beat me to it...again. Cheers, friend.

Sounds like the green can is a winner. I haven’t seen it in any stores locally but I will try Home Depot. Not sure if its just me but when i open the red weldwood can all the flys show up and make ya crazy :mad:

Just for info it comes in smaller cans too. Don't have to buy a galleon to try it out. Ya like it.

So I tried the green weldwood and wow what a difference. No headaches no watery eyes and no blowflies ! Kinda hard to find local but got a small can. Thanks to all for the input.

Good deal!!! Glad ya like it. All I've used for years now.

I use LePage water based as it's the only thing I can find. Weldwood not sold in Canada for some reason

DON

Back