Contest Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that its about time for this sub-forum to have a contest and recent threads gave me an idea.

My idea would be to have a contest about Hostile Environments near you.

Entrants would submit a personal photo(s) of a Hostile Environment near them and provide a short description of the reason(s) that it is a hostile environment.

Just an idea to get people thinking.

This doesn't have to be it. Any kind of contest would be cool.

What do you say RYP? Give away a book or t-shirt or something.

OK happy to give a way a signed "License to Kill" book but does it have to be photo only or can be it be "most hostile event" story or?

I have to admit your thread was a big part of the inspiration for this. Obviously.

I'm always glad to inspire getting out and looking...and doing. I think it is a great idea. There are many on this forum who travel extensively and spend time in large cities who would be able to post some really good photos, and for those out looking for photos it could be a great exercise in situational awareness.

OK happy to give a way a signed "License to Kill" book but does it have to be photo only or can be it be "most hostile event" story or?

Can't speak for AA or anyone else, but while I am a photo buff and a very visual person I do enjoy reading as well so I am fine either way.

I was just making a request. As the all powerful mod you get to make the rules.

I just figured it would be good to have some sort of evidence of doing something.

Like mistwalker, I would like to see photos of different places and peoples viewpoints on what is a hostile environment.

If you want to give me the authority to set the rules and give something of yours away, I would be more than happy to do so, but I am limited with my non-mod status.

I am up for contests. Just remember we did the Gun Club and those dudes got all of MY LE knives. So we are down for giant MR DP stickers, LTK books, MR DP hats and WMDP videos (you can see them at www.comebackalive.com. and chunks on the internet)

We will have some swag brewed up as well.

I think the videos would be awesome. I was checking out some of the vids on the site the other day.

if we did an informative photo contest you would win it there mist

Hmmm, in that case I withdraw from the competition. I like being an inspiration, but I do not like the thought of being an inhibitor. I want to see some posts!

Dude Mist I def. think that you are not an inhibitor. Your contributions not only to this thread but others is part of the cool crap I get see on here.

Ok so i have to dig for the photo, but I want to make sure if its meets criteria.

The supermarket across the street from my house back home in jerusalem, israel got blown up a few years ago by a lovely terrorist. I wasn't there at the time but away at school (college). Anyways, its like 100 ft from my house. So could i count that? or it has to be a more recent thing and where I live now?

Trust me, and I think RYP can probably vouch for this, growing up back home, getting asked to leave a building/shop d/t a suspicious object was nearly a daily thing at one point. most of the time it was nothing, once in a while it would actually turn out to be a bomb. Well now they dont leave bombs, they just bring it on themselves. OK i need to stop, its going to get political for me really fast here, lol.

Anyways, can i post that pic if i find it and the story or move on to something else?

RYP, you have been quite generous.

Please don't assume that I was making this request just for a chance to get something for free.

I started this thread for three reasons:

1)It was pretty slow in the forum. (not anymore)
2)Mistwalker's thread made me wonder what hostile environments others may live in.
3)To give people something to do instead of camping out in front of their mailbox waiting for their HEST/f.

So whenever or never doesn't quite matter to me. I'm just glad there is a place to interact with manufacturers and fellow knife knuts.

Since this thread really has nowhere to go or benefit to the community, lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back