Contest!

One of my favorites and most used is my RWC. Andy had one like this at a gathering and I liked it so much, I had John make one for me in 3/32's. I did a mustard patina on it and this knife gets used everyday. (I need to oil my cutting board).
9FWVThW.jpg

Last edited:
Remember, everyone is allowed 3 entries, so post more pictures!

I thought we could only do one a week.

Here's another front runner and I think one Of John's most popular designs next to the bluegill.

An element hunter but with a straight spine and stainless S30V steel. I carry it often for hiking or when I want a full handle knife but not a long blade for easier carry. I've started plenty of fires with it, cut food, helped build a backyard rustic shelter along with some standard EDC stuff. At this point, I should get a hip sheath or something for it the pocket sheath is a little less nice to use around a campsite and I'm not worried about concealed carry.

I actually go back and forth between the element hunter, Deluxe Hurley Creek pictured, and my pocket woodcrafter.
gPyKNdyl.jpg

I thought we could only do one a week.

Here's another front runner and I think one Of John's most popular designs next to the bluegill.

An element hunter but with a straight spine and stainless S30V steel. I carry it often for hiking or when I want a full handle knife but not a long blade for easier carry. I've started plenty of fires with it, cut food, helped build a backyard rustic shelter along with some standard EDC stuff. At this point, I should get a hip sheath or something for it the pocket sheath is a little less nice to use around a campsite and I'm not worried about concealed carry.

I actually go back and forth between the element hunter, Deluxe Hurley Creek pictured, and my pocket woodcrafter.
gPyKNdyl.jpg
Today starts the second week

Another favorite JK . . . . the keychain companion!

VdIfuG6.jpg

It came complete with a key chain based sheath that I clip inside my Hill People Gear chest rig so I always have something sharp with me.

r5kwa07.jpg

It hides discreetly inside the front section of the chest rig.

BqCauHX.jpg

Thanks for the small knife that works much bigger than its size!!!

91TaOF4.jpg

3rd favorite is a toughy. I feel like it's somewhere between the rule 9, deluxe hurley creek, or my stretched and clipped Canadian belt knife, the CBK gets by far the most use of the bunch as it's one of my 1st choices as a kitchen knife which is how the design adjustments came about. The full-convex grind on it is great for reducing how much stuff sticks to the face of the blade and the 3/32" 154cm is a great all-purpose thickness if I want to take it hunting or camping without worrying about it getting hurt.

If I am able to include the sheath as part of the decision then is for sure the CBK as the foldover from Makael is sweet, subtle, and doesn't look out of place hanging around the kitchen like many hunting knife sheaths do.

vbSG66Fl.jpg

oqOjmXTl.jpg

YxavlWNl.jpg

Back