Convert wood bandsaw to metal?

Any woodworker would love to have this saw, even without the motor. I would think you could $150-200 for it as is. The tires, rubber on the wheels, can be replaced, try www.suffolkmachinery.com or www.woodcraftbands.com

I'd say sell it and get a dedicated and new HF saw, they are cheap but will work for you. Most all tools of this nature, bandsaws, tablesaws, etc are made in the far East, some from the same factory and different name plates and colors.

Good Luck
Mike

peter nap said:
I was going to say that those old Honda 90's are hard to find and darn good bikes Jay. Why didn't you use something disposable instead....like an Indian :D :D :D
For some reason I checked this thread today. HMMMM!!! A Indian, you must be talking about ones after 1953??? RIGHT!!! :confused: :D

chiro, a 1/2 or 1hp motor should handle it 1/2 if you are just cutting handle stuff, 1hp if you are going to do any resawing.

an 1-1/2" motor pulley should work

Well, there are a few opinions here. Some have declared that you only need a couple of pulleys to make this thing work. Funny.......

So, am I wrong in the assumption that this is a *member's* only club? That maybe anyone else should not apply? That's what it appears to me......

And, you're all welcome for my machining expertise.......save it in case someone else really wants to know.....(the earth is REALLY not flat)

Most of you have been downright helpful and I appreciate that. I mis-spoke about some vanadium in some A6 that I wouldn't use for toilet paper. .......... and got hammered right away. But I can't remember anything else, plus I aplogized for it. This place reminds me of high school, and I sorely don't miss that. All the ones that have been helpful stayed pretty much to themselves after that. It speaks volumes about your character. I wish you all the best, but my work would best be served by leaving this place.

indian george said:
Dude!! I have a HF bandsaw too, but it doesn't have hairy legs like that holding it up. :eek: :eek: :p :D
HEy...there pretty huh!!! :D Should I shave for a more elegant look? ;)

Warrent - I too think that converting that saw would take way more than just some pullies. Like where and how to mount them or if it would even be worth the time? There are regulars here but no *members only* club. I think some may read a little attitude in your post so maybe thats where your getting the cold shoulder. I have had all the help in the world here and try to do the same for others. If your not happy here I would like to think it wasnt because of something in a post. Just post what you can. Relax my friend. ;)
(Thats all I'll post about that.....not really worth the energy or needed in a bandsaw question)

Chiro - I can email you a sketch of what it will take to mount the bandsaw to a flat surface. Not hard at all but the saw has an open bottom with exposed parts. It wount sit flat unless you raise it up about a half inch but easily done with 90 degree angle iron cut into 1" pieces. Easy money!!

I think the time machine has a glitch in it....somewhere between the jack shaft and the saw. Bush had just been re-elected when this was last posted. Chiro doesn't even make knives anymore.
Stacy

Back