Converting a stockman to a jack?

Well with my carpet cleaning business at a standstill, I have lots of time on my hands so I was wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to turn a medium stockman into a medium jack?

I have never taken a case knife apart but I always love learning how things work. I want to put the pen blade on the same end as the clip. Another thing I plan on doing is dying the scales but that's another project. Any advice is appreciated.
gwgdzRom.png
[/url][/IMG]

I thought a stockman is a (double ended) jack knife.

If you put the pen blade on the same end as the clip point, will you still be able to access both nail nicks?

I thought a stockman is a (double ended) jack knife.

If you put the pen blade on the same end as the clip point, will you still be able to access both nail nicks?
Some yes; some no!! Depends on the knife!
Remember, you would also need a newly made spring to do a proper job!!
A single blade just uses existing parts!!

Well with my carpet cleaning business at a standstill, I have lots of time on my hands so I was wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to turn a medium stockman into a medium jack?

I have never taken a case knife apart but I always love learning how things work. I want to put the pen blade on the same end as the clip. Another thing I plan on doing is dying the scales but that's another project. Any advice is appreciated.
gwgdzRom.png
[/url][/IMG]

You definitely can do it as a single blade but moving the blade orientations of multiple blades you definitely run the risk of the nail nicks interfering with each other, and assuming a two spring stockman you would need a different spring for one of the blades. Looks like you posted some picks but I can’t see them.

Thanks for the replies. I might just turn it into a single blade for the fun of it. It's a Sparxx white medium stockman and after I got it I just wasn't too thrilled with it so I figured I would do something with it to spice it up a bit including dying those scales. I'm thinking a jet black single blade just might be the ticket.

@300Bucks has done this using the three spring Buck 303 Cadet (medium stockman). You can find his knife under 300 series discussions on the Buck Sub-Forum. Using a three spring stockman will make it easier. OH

Back