Convex edge

K-Dog

BANNED
I have been putting convex edges on my knives since I started sharpening knives; just because I couldn't do a flat bevel.:D

It's often said that old knives usually have a convex edge for that very reason.

Heck, I have an old stone that is so worn it's curved in the middle by quite a bit. It'd be next to impossible to make anything but a convex edge with it.

Sometimes simple works best. convex edges are pretyt easy to put on, though getting the one you want may take practice- and the multiple angle convex like on a lueku or some machetes takes attention.

Well then you put the best edge there is on your knives then. If you stick to carbon steel you will have made two of the BIG 3 knife coices correctly. Stay away from the dreaded choild and you'll be a perfect user!

Well then you put the best edge there is on your knives then. If you stick to carbon steel you will have made two of the BIG 3 knife coices correctly. Stay away from the dreaded choild and you'll be a perfect user!

"the dreaded choild" What dat be?
So do you not like the choil on a knife so you can choke up on it?
I've been drooling over the the Ranger RD's and they have a chiol.
It would seem to me, choking up changes the balance an makes the knife respond more like a shorter knife. I tend to hang my pinky and/or ring finger while chopping to get more leverage.

Back