Coolina Knives

Made in China, imported to the States, and probably marked up. I see the same stuff on Ali's Express site.

No standard for steel composition, and no way to verify heat treat, means you're taking your chances on getting a good one.

Their knife shaped objects look like garbage but they do have a slick looking website that will fool idiots that believe everything they read on the internet.

And by garbage I mean the half ass job they (or their overseas subcontractor) did putting a faux hand forged hammer finish on that turd in the picture you posted.
If you're into that look get a real Craftsman here on BF to do it right for you.

Hmm Main office seems to be in Israel. The US office is a post office box in Southfield MI. Shipping looks to be a few weeks too.

The blade pictured is interesting looking but blade steel = High Manganese steel hardness forged, High Carbon Stainless Steel? Ok ...

I'd suggest passing on them and getting a Condor. They have some blade designs similar to that.

Hmm Main office seems to be in Israel. The US office is a post office box in Southfield MI. Shipping looks to be a few weeks too.

The blade pictured is interesting looking but blade steel = High Manganese steel hardness forged, High Carbon Stainless Steel? Ok ...

I'd suggest passing on them and getting a Condor. They have some blade designs similar to that.

What he said. Condor, for the win. Look up our own @FortyTwoBlades . I would say a Knulujulu, Pictus, or Solobolo, would be the closest to this thing, by a company who knows what they're doing.

Obviously not forged, just stamped out with those craters and then painted and distressed to look forged.
It's not even well done, I've seen a better forged look on these cheap $15 fixed blades you can get from Frost cutlery and BudK.

Thanks to all for the observations. Since a search on BF for these turned up empty, I assumed they were questionable. I never look at Frost, Budk or Ali, although I've heard of them.

I got an Otzi when they first came out. Just wanted to make sure the BF'ers hadn't missed something with the Coolina thing.

Back