Copperlock, Mini Copperlock, Tribal Lock...Your Preference?

Hello Knife Nuts,

So I'm positively smitten with the Case Mini Copperlock. My current one is going to my grand daughter so I'm going to get another but she's just 3mo's old so I have some time before I need a replacement. In the meantime I'm planning my Dad's Day gift-to-myself.

A while back I had a serious crush on the black Micarta Tribal Lock but opted for the same scaled Large Stockman instead. But that Tribal Lock keeps nagging at me. But then there's the Copperlock. But, like I said, I do love the Mini Copperlock too... :D

Now, I know it is all highly subjective and personal preferences and all of that. This isn't so much about telling me which one to buy, but just which one you prefer, especially if you own all three and why you pick that particular model.

:)

Last edited:
I prefer the Mini Copperlock. It still fits in my watch pocket and it's so nice and slim. Anything in the 3-1/2" range is my sweet spot. The only thing I don't like that much are the covers I get on them. They always seem washed-out and plain. That's why my current Mini Copperlock is in red delrin. :D

I prefer the small Copperlock over the large one. My hand just feels too far from the blade on the large model. I don’t have a Tribal Lock yet.

My awesomely cool looking small Copperlock:

v5U1v4rh.jpg

TbSprODh.jpg

I have all three. Tough choice. Really tough choice. Yeah, I am no help at all here.

I do find the F&F slightly better on both my large and small copperlock due to the flushness of the lockback when closed.

I am really hoping Case releases a mini Tribal lock soon. 3.5 inches approx.

,,,Mike in Canada

I bought a copperlock when they were first introduced and liked it a lot. But I’m loving the mini copperlock since getting one a few months back. It disappears in my right front pocket. I’ve been carrying a stainless one and just bought a CV one in red jigged bone. It performs as good as a full size copperlock but is a much nicer carry, at least for me. I have not tried a Tribal lock.

Case needs to do a mini Tribal Lock. And/or a non-locking one.

I prefer the small Copperlock over the large one. My hand just feels too far from the blade on the large model. I don’t have a Tribal Lock yet.

v5U1v4rh.jpg

TbSprODh.jpg

Always love seeing that gorgeous knife. Thanks for sharing!

Mini-Copperlock for me. The size is perfect for that 5th pocket, and I really love that blade shape. I've got 6 of them now, and am real pleased with them. For larger/beefier traditional slipjoints, it's definitely Great Eastern Cutlery for me.

The tribal lock has never attracted me, but the mini copperlock certainly has and is on the list for sure.

I say the word list enough, but don't physically have one.
I think I'll write one down.

I have had all three, but the one I kept was the Copperlock. The mini is a hair too short for a comfortable grip and the Tribal Lock just didn't call to me.

v5U1v4rh.jpg

TbSprODh.jpg
Oh boy! That one calls out to me! Really nice, Buzz!

I've been Jonesin' for a Tribal Lock. Just haven't figured out which one, yet.

Same here. I'm thinking that the Tribal Lock may be a good replacement for my GEC Oregon Trapper during the summer months, when I don't want to carry carbon steel. I've been loving the Case Bone Stag covers lately, so I may go that direction. Then again, I'm always up for some yellow Delrin too.

Just what I needed.. another knife to add to the collection! Those Mini Copperlocks look fantastic. The size is right about what I like to carry too. Do you know of any models offhand that use CV? I glanced over at Knifeworks, but without looking at every individual one, all I saw were stainless models. Which isn’t exactly a problem, but if I had a choice I’d go with their CV.

Just what I needed.. another knife to add to the collection! Those Mini Copperlocks look fantastic. The size is right about what I like to carry too. Do you know of any models offhand that use CV? I glanced over at Knifeworks, but without looking at every individual one, all I saw were stainless models. Which isn’t exactly a problem, but if I had a choice I’d go with their CV.

There is a prolific Case dealer (non-sponsor so no link) that is showing one in dark red jigged bone and CV.

And there's this guy: https://www.collectorknives.net/sho...rn/case-xx-dark-red-bone-cv-small-copperlock/

Thank you for the link! I’m liking that red bone, and I’d be thrilled to purchase it from Collector Knives too.

I always have trouble finding specific Case knives, so I do appreciate the help.

Better snatch it up before it gets away. It's a great design. In my top three of any knife type. :)

Oh boy! That one calls out to me! Really nice, Buzz!

Thanks. I got lucky on that one, as it sat on auction for quite a while, and it wasn't expensive either. I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love the less refined look of the covers. It's very unique in comparison to most Case's.

Back