Cord Wrapped Handle Knife

I am looking for a nice, tanto shaped fixed blade knife with a oriental cord wrapped handle. Blade between 3 -4". Any suggestions on where to look?? Thanks.

sushi.jpg

Well, its not a tanto but it is wrapped with ray skin. It is a custom from Chris Christman. His webpage is:
http://www.toptexknives.com/christman.htm

There is one on ebay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=492689373

------------------
Dennis Bible

Thanks Richard!!
Due to the re-arrangement and ongoing set up of my shop, I will probably not be able to take orders for American Ninjas for at least the first half of the year
frown.gif
However.....
I will be expanding my Hayabusa line. These are similar to my Tanto Neck Knives that have been pictured here on the forums only LARGER!! I will offer them in Blade lengths from 5-12" in A2. They are double ground and will have my usual integral bottom guard with an optional top guard/thumb rest. My epoxy cord wrap over the anodized Ti. will be available along with basic handle materials and a variety blade finishes. Photos of the first ones will be ready soon and I will post something about them.
Concelex sheaths and complete carry systems will also be available.
Neil

------------------
Talonite???Stellite!!!
Knives in STOCK!!

blackwoodknives.com

jayharley....You kinda like those too, huh?
smile.gif

As per Richard's suggestion, Dr. Lathe's (Neil Blackwood) cord wrapped neck tantos are really fine, and the price is right. I own one myself. The anodized titanium under the wrap is pretty eye-catching. His larger models should be pretty cool too.

Dennis, thanks for posting Chris's site. My first time there, and I do like the looks of his knives also. The dark cord wrap over turquoise looks sharp. I'm going to look into one of those.

I like that Kwaiken, Win! But then, why wouldn't I?
wink.gif

jayharley....Also check out the small cord wraps by RJ Martin. There's some on the Les Robertson site ALex mentioned.

A maker by the name of Steve Corkum makes some pretty nice ones too, albeit thick. His blades are forged and have beautiful temper lines.

AL

------------------
"When loss and gain are alike to one, that is real gain.."

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I am looking at a couple of Japanese designs by Mike Snody. They seem really well made and priced right. Anyone have any experiences with these??

Thanks for everyones suggestions. I am currently looking at some of the styles from Mike Snody. Anyone have any experiences with his product? Looks very nice and seems price right.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POSTING. MY FAULT.

[This message has been edited by jayharley (edited 11-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by jayharley (edited 11-12-2000).]

Now that you mentioned tantos...
I can make most anything you want when it comes to wrapped handles and chisel ground blades.
I have included a scan of my latest creation, but at 15" overall it´s a bit larger than what you are looking for... anyway, you can have an idea of my work.

View

View

Give me more details and I can send you a quote. My turnaround time is still real quick, though as orders keep coming this should cange soon.

P.S.: Of the makers sugested above, Neil Blackwood´s work is excellent and he is a nice guy to talk to. I don´t know Mike Snoody but his designs are very interesting. I also suggest that you take a look at bill Siegle´s work - you can see some of his knives at the For Sale/Makers forum.

------------------
Ivan Campos
Full-time knifemaker...finally!
http://www.bitweb.com.br/users/campos/

I'll be surprised if you don't find just what you need (plus deluxe service) at www.knifeart.com.

------------------
AKTI Member #A000934
"Always just one knife short of perfection!"

jayharley, if I can help you with any information regarding my knives please let me know. I appreciate your interest.

Mike Snody
Knifemaker
mnmsnody@juno.com

Mike Snody makes an excellent quality knife in the traditional Japanese style. His blade work and ray skin/ cord wrapped handles are great. The Snody Karma Kubikiri has a 4" blade and is 8" overall if you're looking for a nice small size knife. Someone has a kubikiri for sell out here at a great price. You can see a picture at www.tripleaughtdesign.com under custom knives.
We will probably here a lot out of Mike Snody in the future. Now is a good time to get one of his knives. He also seems like a great guy to deal with.

I have to admit that Mike Snody's knives appeal to me very much. They look great and from all reports work great as well. They are also a steal. I don't know how he does it for the price he charges.

Keith.

For a great value and a great knife check out
Gary Bradburn
<A HREF="http://www.toptexknives.com/bradburn.htm">Bradburn Custom
Cutlery
</A>

Sean

Back