Corrosion inhibitors

Looked in my knife case today for whatever odd reason and noticed some rust spots forming on a couple of my knives edges. I had been meaning to buy some EDCI by Aegis but they have been out of stock for some time. Does anyone have any advice for alternatives??? Also going to be adding some desiccant packs to the case.

I wouldn't use edci... In my limited testing (so far) of different products it performed terribly

i-WFfDLKc-XL.jpg

Hard to beat fluid film. I keep a rag heavily greased with FF and use it to wipe down tools, carbon blades, etc. if you buff it on aggressively and wipe it off it leaves a thin, waxy film which doesNt build up crud or leave your hands greasy.

I'm going to be comparing at least 25 products soon in both salt and fresh water application... Fluid film is one I'll be testing among a bunch of other good ones. I'll try to post back here when done or you can follow along in that thread on my subforum :thumbsup:

I used Fireclean on some knives and it worked fine but harder for me to find out here in Bugtussle.

Right now I"ve got some Breakfree CLP mini bottles to use but I'm mostly using Boeshield T9 and it's doing really well.

3 in 1 oil has done very well in tests i've seen. Cheap and easy to find. I have been using it for years now

I use Ballistol to protect my knives and guns after a thorough cleaning. You can buy Ballistol-soaked wipes that make it easy to apply. Store used wipes in a zip lock bag and you can reuse them 3-4 times before they dry out, as Ballistol is a water soluble lubricant.

Works well to condition wooden, bone, and stag handles also.

I have tried several rust protectors, and the best is Corrosion X. I use it on some antique guns that I own.

Note info from product specs regarding affects on plastics, etc.

Plastics / Composites: CorrosionX is compatible with most commonly-encountered plastics such as:
acrylic, polyester, nylon, vinyl, Delrin®*, PTFE, Formica®*, polyethylene and polypropylene. Should
there be any question when other types of plastics are involved, it is suggested a small sample be tested.

Back