Countries where you can’t ship knives?

I’d like to ship 2 knives through ebay, both of which are quite large as well as valuable; I’d be shipping them from Italy to the either the EU or the US (excluding Africa, Asia, South America and Oceania for obvious reasons). Shipping to the US should be fine legally speaking, but as far as I know there are some countries in Europe that have limitations on importing blades (such as the UK and Denmark, to which I won’t be shipping any knife); does any of you know if there are any other countries with outright restrictions on knives import? It’s my first time shipping knives internationally so I’m sorta concerned.

What kind of knives are you selling? You could just write in the posting that the buyer can only bid or buy it now (whatever you're doing) if it's legal in their country and that you reserve the right to cancel the order if you suspect the buyer is buying something that isn't legal in their country. You really shouldn't have any problems or be concerned. Just make sure you track and insure anything you sell too.

A big wrinkle these days seems to be that many shipping companies and postal services in various countries refuse to ship knives.
Just be aware when you choose a shipping service.

A big wrinkle these days seems to be that many shipping companies and postal services in various countries refuse to ship knives.
Just be aware when you choose a shipping service.
I've seen customs labels with "camping tool" written as the item description for knives before.

Push daggers are illegal in UK, Australia, NZ.

Automatic knives and balisong will be seized by US Customs.

I've seen customs labels with "camping tool" written as the item description for knives before.
You may get lucky and get away with it but in many locations the boxes are being x-rayed and returned.

You may get lucky and get away with it but in many locations the boxes are being x-rayed and returned.
Customs often opens them for inspection, and technically a knife actually is a "camping tool," so it's not a false statement which would mean automatic seizure.

Customs often opens them for inspection, and technically a knife actually is a "camping tool," so it's not a false statement which would mean automatic seizure.
I was unclear in my previous post, apologies.

I'm saying the shipping companies are x-raying the packages at source, before shipping them to the international destination, and should they see items resembling a knife/bladed article etc... are returning them to the shipper before they actually leave the source country.

Back