Couple of Pics

Well...there was this guy crawling up the front porch railing a few days ago...

And this gal crawling backwards up the back porch wall...dragging her dinner with her.

I'm thinking this thread kills any chance of getting Phillip to visit.

Not its dinner, but the dinner for it's offspring.

The spider is paralyzed but very alive. It makes a cacoon where it's larva live off the the living spiders until ready to emerge. Thing of nightmares. Imagine being paralyzed, incoffined with the eggs, and slowly eaten alive.

Look up 'spider wasp' for more info.

Pretty sure incoffined isn't a word but you get the picture.

Last edited:
Oh fantastic. I'm contemplating burning the house to the ground.

No seriously, I'm into spiders. Snakes...not so much. Except for Copperheads!

Oh fantastic. I'm contemplating burning the house to the ground.

No seriously, I'm into spiders. Snakes...not so much. Except for Copperheads!

Hah! I got a good laugh out of that. Seriously though. Take a look around for little mud cocoons. Very likely that they've got a handful of paralyzed spiders and a wasp larva in some stage of development. I haven't had many run ins with snakes myself. Typically I don't mind them unless they surprise me. Apparently there's a fishing spot near us that is full of rattlers this time of year. Figured it would be a good place to go get a rattle snake to try frying up. Never had it. If I do it maybe one of the sheath makers around here wants the skin. :D

DSC04067_zpshqf6d6sw.jpg

Awesome!

Hope to see ya'll at Trackrock in October.

Now you've got me looking for snakes to photograph!

Saw this guy while in the yard this weekend. Really nice looking color.

1e3f0b3f67c130f4b852a81b4f867fb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow great picture!! Is that a Wolf spider?

I have a few pictures that have been on my phone forever..

Strange Moth that was on my friends house.
28184234393_30cd27bab1_b.jpg

Saw this lady spider with her young one day too.
28184235763_3030bdc81f_b.jpg

Sorry theres no knives, didn't have any Fiddlebacks at the time..

Last edited:
What the hell! I'm searching my farm for snakes so I can add to this thread and you just come up with them all over the place

What the hell! I'm searching my farm for snakes so I can add to this thread and you just come up with them all over the place

That is funny. All three are Black Rats but how do you like the pattern on the last pic? 2 of those were just above eye level as we were walking through the woods.

Back