Cowboying up North

Lol, yeah the mules take human "craziness" in stride. But hey if your going to be living in tents from thanksgiving till Christmas might as well be comfy;)

Thought ya might like to see some of Mike our cowboss' work too. As a bit and spur maker, in our California tradition, he's a heck of an engraver too. When some one orders one of my knives engraved I send it up to him to do:

urlo7Jd.jpg

Ljn4rVZ.jpg

He made the two bridle bits on the right in this pic. Ya can see the 50 on the inside of the cheek piece on the right one inlaid in silver. This bit was my 50th birthday present from Nichole some years back. This is Sonny's bit, use it every time I ride him. The center bit is one he and Nichole designed at a show one time. Mike made the very first one for her which is this one. This is now one of his most popular bits.

r6d2IKY.jpg

If ya look real close ya see he even engraves the inside of the cheek pieces.

WslTvD7.jpg

One of his spade bits he had for sale at a show we both did last Oct. The Brannaman Pro Am Ranch Roping.

rKb4aiZ.jpg

hEtOK5h.jpg

UHS49cj.jpg

A pair of his spurs:

KzX0lQc.jpg

Mike hanging out in his booth just down the aisle from ours. there's those white shirts again:

wHzvTG7.jpg

Mike talking to my son Logan, while they were waiting for Logan's turn in the finals. Huero (Blondie in the Spanish around here), the horse, has one of our carved martingales on his chest and carved slobber straps attaching the mecate (more Spanish, hair rope) reins to the snaffle bit.

QWuT3VV.jpg

oLTLRVO.jpg

Getting er done. He's made the finals every year.

eoMxhO0.jpg

Sonny and I roped too and got er done but just out of the finals.

3vQttxF.jpg

Just more cool cowboy stuff Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly

I like Mikes brim. Low top and wide all around brim. good for sun protection, even the side of the neck.

any info on that style of brim? Its kinda like an oversized fedora. Perhaps it is palm leaf?

Yeah its a Sunbody brand palmleaf. About a 5" brim. Mine in the first group of pics is the same hat, just with different "life" to it. This time of year I wear it pretty constantly. Even in the shop. L Living The Dream

Sunbody makes a great, what I'd call a blue collar, hat.
I have two :)

Back