CPK Boot Daggers

a person's first impression looking at that website is, these guy make art knives. That's nice.

Yeah, that was my thought when I saw the integrated dagger: a stunning bragging piece that I want but would never dare use. But I was sent to your website AFTER looking at your stuff here on BF. I've got my third direct order in the mail and I am PRAYING a bunch of guys interwebs lags like mad so I stand a chance at a dagger tonight. So I guess what I am saying is that it all works out.

a person's first impression looking at that website is, these guy make art knives. That's nice.

We make high performance tool knives and are pushing the boundaries of high performance metallurgy with ergonomic value priced work pieces. A person might not get that impression looking at that website.

Holy crap I've got a lot of work to do...

Adding some pics of the other knives (FK, HDFK, DEK, choppers, etc) to the homepage could be a simple step to change that impression, without having to completely redo the site (yet).

After a 28 year corporate IT career here's my take, and it's worth exactly what it'll cost you - $0 :)

An Internet presence is just a means to an end, in the consumer world it's matching buyers with a product. When a small business has a system that already makes that match for them, and keeps them at maximum capacity, making an expensive change on the marketing side is a tough leap of faith. Not every company wants to grow and there's the Law of Diminishing Returns to account for.

Change the picture on your home page to something more representative of your current products and move along :D

I lost nearly the entire day to troubleshooting yesterday because my hosting company stopped passing email autodiscovery information to Microsoft for my hosted Exchange Service and blew up all of my devices connected to email. This happened in conjunction with an email I sent out to a large group and generated over a 100 new email replies. So not only did I lose a day yesterday I still need to make time to reply to those emails and oh yeah, find time to make sheaths ;)

There's a reason why outside of the developers world IT people are looked at as overhead.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was my thought when I saw the integrated dagger: a stunning bragging piece that I want but would never dare use. But I was sent to your website AFTER looking at your stuff here on BF. I've got my third direct order in the mail and I am PRAYING a bunch of guys interwebs lags like mad so I stand a chance at a dagger tonight. So I guess what I am saying is that it all works out.
"dagger tonight????????" o_O

What did I miss? :(

I just wanted to point out that many makers who for lack of a better term are not even qualified to wash your proverbial jockstraps, have their websites dialed in. CPK deserves a kickass updated website :)

... "Those who can, do. Those who can't, talk about it"

... "Those who can, do. Those who can't, talk about it"
I've had to make a website for work and in that context it was pretty tedious.
Making a CPK website would be easier and way more interesting. There are so many pictures and quotes that already exist that would make it awesome. I'm picturing a meet the team tab with a mix of pics of all the people, some funny, some bladesports, machining, CAD, etc. You have lengthy posts on BF that give your philosophy and mission statement. Heat treatment technical aspects...it writes itself.
Youtube videos of testing...

7ac.jpg

WTF is Tick Tock?

...nope....

Pretty sure that it's called TikTok which is what the up-post was referring to. Your son may just be at the ripe age demographically for that social network platform and your daughter may be getting ta bit oo old for it!!! I dunno now, but TikTok was really for the kiddos a while back till the creepers and the pervs got into it, much like anything else which had meant well but devolved into an entirely different thing altogether! Reminds me of the quote attributed to Sophocles: "Nothing vast enters the life of mortals without a curse."

WTF is Tick Tock?

...nope....
Welcome to the 2020s.

TikTok is where all the cool kids play today. 1.2 billion active users per month. Trails only FaceBook and **maybe** Instagram. Many more than Twitter and Linked-In, for example.

Otherwise, in order . . . Instagram, FaceBook, YouTube, Snapchat . . . Web page dead last . . . your grandpa's marketing platform. IMO.

It’s wonderful you spend so much time here Nathan but if it comes at the cost of less CPK steel in your fans hands, then at least I hope you enjoy the banter!

The only problem with a fancy new website will be more people challenging the internet bandwidth between us and CPK on Fridays. Luckily your “folks” are so generous with proxy and secondary sales activity.

Welcome to the 2020s.

TikTok is where all the cool kids play today. 1.2 billion active users per month. Trails only FaceBook and **maybe** Instagram. Many more than Twitter and Linked-In, for example.

Otherwise, in order . . . Instagram, FaceBook, YouTube, Snapchat . . . Web page dead last . . . your grandpa's marketing platform. IMO.

these new interwebs.... I was thinking about getting on myspace?

Back