CPK EDC2

I'm order #105 and got in just before the thread was closed. Been holding my breath waiting for a confirmation. Glad to see that it's just that you all haven't quite gotten there yet!

Congrats on getting in. I'm post #53 and got contacted today.

Can anyone help me out with a pic of the green canvas micarta? Decisions decisions I'd greatly appreciate it.
Resized_20170628_225854.jpeg
Unbuffed New
Carothers_EDC_1.jpg Unbuffed after use. (Oil/Dirt making it darker)
Resized_20170708_132356.jpg
Set of new buffed: These are lighter than most I've seen.
Resized_20170708_114625.jpg
Left to right: Unbuffed Black (new), Unbuffed Natural (new), Buffed Black (used), Unbuffed OD (new), Unbuffed OD (used).

Can't help you with the request, but I'm instantly interested in the bog oak in the first picture :D

That may give you some fits working with. Is it fully stabilized? It splinters pretty drastically when machining it. Happy to chat with you about that project via PM if you want, Mike. Either way, you can't put that out there and not expect me to start getting all lathered up. Wait, that didn't sound right....

Can't help you with the request, but I'm instantly interested in the bog oak in the first picture :D

That may give you some fits working with. Is it fully stabilized? It splinters pretty drastically when machining it. Happy to chat with you about that project via PM if you want, Mike. Either way, you can't put that out there and not expect me to start getting all lathered up. Wait, that didn't sound right....
Once I get myself settled in Nashville I'll send my collection of scale material to K&G. I have 4 pieces of bog that are all the same size. I believe Mr. Fournier has dibs on at least one once authenticity has been verified, but I'd be happy to send you a block as well. I'd like to keep at least one for myself.

I'm order #105 and got in just before the thread was closed. Been holding my breath waiting for a confirmation. Glad to see that it's just that you all haven't quite gotten there yet!
I was in Nashville for a cut over the weekend. You should hear from me probably late today or tomorrow. I am up to about 60.

Once I get myself settled in Nashville I'll send my collection of scale material to K&G. I have 4 pieces of bog that are all the same size. I believe Mr. Fournier has dibs on at least one once authenticity has been verified, but I'd be happy to send you a block as well. I'd like to keep at least one for myself.

Sorry, I didn't mean I was interested in it for me... I meant interested in what you were going to create with it! I got my popcorn all popped, ready to watch.

I'm pretty sure it's real but no one stabilizes as good as Nicholas, lots of custom makers only go there. I have a few knives with handles they did. Impressed!!

Woo hoo! Jo contacted me to verify the pre-order. Happy and sad at the same time. Happy that it is finally happening, sad that I have to allocate funds away from my latest hobby of home automation.

Woo hoo! Jo contacted me to verify the pre-order. Happy and sad at the same time. Happy that it is finally happening, sad that I have to allocate funds away from my latest hobby of home automation.

Make sure that your front door has face recognition software all linked up and that your robotic butler has my name on the VIP list when I decide to drive up to LaLa... I am certainly of impatient disposition and can not tolerate waiting behind a door till the man of the manor come downstairs to receive guests :D

Yeah, then they can link your face to your finger prints used on your old phone to your face when you use facial recognition on your new iPhone. Link your face and fingerprints to your FaceBook and other social media profiles. Then they will have it all in one convenient package.

I guess next will be small saliva sample!

I didn't know of this till it was closed, bummer.

Anyone not want theirs please let me know, I will be happy to get it.

So I heard today that this run of EDC II's will come with a mashedcat sheath. I had never heard of this sheath/brand so I looked it up. Looks like quality kydex work. However I could not find an example of what the sheath will look like for the EDC II. Found some pics of busse knives with mashedcat sheaths and some others. Anyone have any pics of what we maybe looking at? I imagine it's not a fold over type sheath rather pancake style? Anyway just wondering. Thanks all

I second 91bravo's assessment. Mashedcat does great work and I've found his customer service to be exceptional.

So I heard today that this run of EDC II's will come with a mashedcat sheath. I had never heard of this sheath/brand so I looked it up. Looks like quality kydex work. However I could not find an example of what the sheath will look like for the EDC II. Found some pics of busse knives with mashedcat sheaths and some others. Anyone have any pics of what we maybe looking at? I imagine it's not a fold over type sheath rather pancake style? Anyway just wondering. Thanks all

MashedCat is one of the Major players in the Kydex game. Thats great news :thumbsup::thumbsup: hopefully there will be a horizontal carry option ;)

I got this response from Jo when I inquired about sheathing on my preorder.

"I am pretty sure the sheaths are coming from Mashedcat and they are going to be able to be carried a variety of ways. I believe the default sheath will have a TekLok, but if we have Danglers available, we will let everyone know. If we do, they will be an additional $15."

Mashedcat is quality, excited at the prospect of vertical and horizontal option in one package.

Back