CPK Pet Thread

47DK9Wj.jpg

^^^^^Dave, why is that Dog Barking at a tree? On a serious note, can't see the coloring - Looks to be a Bluetick?

He's trying to decide if that's the world's largest black squirrel up there :D :D

He's a grade (unregistered) black hound. I'd say mostly black & tan with something else mixed in, probably bluetick and walker. I don't really have any pet dogs, but I've got a half dozen four-legged hunting partners that are my best friends :)

^^^That's what we call the squirrel channel in my house.

My dopey dog (and english setter with a big motor, a great nose, and a rock-solid point) will chase a squirrel like his very life depends on catching it. On the other hand, he freezes up solid when there is a rabbit, which is easier to catch, their not being prone to climbing trees and all. Why he chases one and locks up like a statue on the other remains a mystery to me. We dare not let him outside when the squirrels taunt outside the window lest he hurt himself (again, significantly) giving chase. What goes through their very intense, but walnut-size brains is baffling.

Back