CPK Pet Thread

I don't know if there're enough car enthusiasts in here or else, we'd probably create a CPK-Car*Nutz thread (after all we have bicycles thread... I MEAN FRIGGIN BICYCLES!!!). On the Subarus, I don't know how many, if any, boxer engines and CVT transmission you've had though?
Me either.

Me either.

Jo, I don't know if you guys got the 2018 year or the 2019 year or whichever model but I think that both years have that Subaru Boxer engines and CVT transmissions.

In a Boxer engine, the pistons move in a horizontal direction in their cylinders as opposed to conventionally going up and down in a vertical motion. Subaru claims and achieves a lower center of gravity and more balance with their engines mounted in this fashion which also affords you more cabin room :) A modern CVT transmission does not use conventional gears to transmit and distribute power to wheels, but uses a double row of belts/chains which make the transmission feel a lot smoother rather than jerky! Some people hate CVT transmission because the earlier gens were unreliable in some Nissans (circa 2009 made, something like that) but Subaru engineers them well specially with more research and advancement in this technology. All of this translates into very good fuel economy and a smooth, safe ride :)

Been raining/sleeting all morning so I figured it'd be perfect weather to tear up the park and chase some bushy tails. Many muddy slush puddles were forded. He also went into a scrubby pine after a squirrel. He got good and dirty but had a blast.

Uj835Mo.jpg

Jo, I don't know if you guys got the 2018 year or the 2019 year or whichever model but I think that both years have that Subaru Boxer engines and CVT transmissions.

In a Boxer engine, the pistons move in a horizontal direction in their cylinders as opposed to conventionally going up and down in a vertical motion. Subaru claims and achieves a lower center of gravity and more balance with their engines mounted in this fashion which also affords you more cabin room :) A modern CVT transmission does not use conventional gears to transmit and distribute power to wheels, but uses a double row of belts/chains which make the transmission feel a lot smoother rather than jerky! Some people hate CVT transmission because the earlier gens were unreliable in some Nissans (circa 2009 made, something like that) but Subaru engineers them well specially with more research and advancement in this technology. All of this translates into very good fuel economy and a smooth, safe ride :)

My wife got a “warranty notice” in the mail the other day stating that her CVT tranny warranty has been extended to 10 years...
Happy wife = happy life
:)

If those little booger’s are shedding all over the back seat or poking holes in the leather, you may need one of these.
CAC96D02-5D42-4FF9-8ABF-150386D93421.jpeg
My parents have these in their Outback and Forrester for their Lab and they works great.
The price tag seems too good to be true, but they’re pretty damn nice and they can handle the abuse.

Back