CPK Pet Thread

Very nice! How big of an enclosure do you keep him/her in? I used to have a tokay, a bunch of cresties, and a couple leachies many years ago.
I had him in like a 7’ tall by 5’ long by 3’ wide enclosure I built out of 2x4s and wire mesh. That picture was from then, in 2011. After I moved out of that apartment and demolished the awesome enclosure I put him in a room with all glass windows all around, with a few big cat towers, and let him run around. But one cold winter he was refusing to hang out in the warm basking areas and he stopped eating and died. If I had been able to keep him in the enclosure he would’ve definitely lived longer. But he was probably about 7’ long when he died including his tail.

Man, I’ve never seen such a content, healthy lookin ‘guana! He looks like he was awesome. We see em regularly around the canal banks and waterways here, reaching up to 6’ish. The population is booming down here in SE FL, where they’re now considered an invasive species & residents are encouraged to keel on sight. We call em chicken of the trees ;)

Man, I’ve never seen such a content, healthy lookin ‘guana! He looks like he was awesome. We see em regularly around the canal banks and waterways here, reaching up to 6’ish. The population is booming down here in SE FL, where they’re now considered an invasive species & residents are encouraged to keel on sight. We call em chicken of the trees ;)

Do they taste like chicken?

Yeah he was cool, he used to come into my bed and lick my face when I was a bachelor and let him run amok. He escaped a lot too. Once jumped from about a fifth story roof and hit his midsection right against the edge of a low cement wall. I thought for sure he would break in half but he was completely fine and I still had to chase him through the bushes after that. I fed him collard greens and butternut squash for healthy bones. Charlie Picard the iguana.

Yeah he was cool, he used to come into my bed and lick my face when I was a bachelor and let him run amok. He escaped a lot too. Once jumped from about a fifth story roof and hit his midsection right against the edge of a low cement wall. I thought for sure he would break in half but he was completely fine and I still had to chase him through the bushes after that. I fed him collard greens and butternut squash for healthy bones. Charlie Picard the iguana.
Charlie sounds like a kickass pet. Had no idea they could have such personality. They’re badasses for sure. I’m surprised you managed to catch him like that. They’re damn fast, and will whip the hell outa some shit with those tails!

grg0may.jpg

0qUZG3M.jpg

Time for a story?

I lived in Mexico for awhile and hit a really large one with my car. I was clipping along about 70, and the thing walked out of the jungle and laid down across my whole lane of the highway. Nose was on the yellow stripe and tail was still in the jungle, making him about 9 ft, I suppose.

At the last second he stood up full height. I didn't have time to touch the brakes, just swerve a bit to miss the rail of spikes on his back. I figured if I could straddle those I would avoid a flat tire.

And I hit him full speed! He barrel-rolled under the length of the car. I mean, I absolutely creamed him!

In my rear view mirror I saw him come to a stop, stand up, and walk back into the jungle.

They seem indestructible!

she's almost 8 months and about 70# so I've been really careful wrt over doing it with her. This was her first time to the top of the mountain, and she did seem pretty delighted. Looking forward to riding with her within the next few months

Back