CPK Pet Thread

DEMa6Oa.jpg

For those of you with aggressive chewers, I found my boy loves elk and bison antler and they are great for keeping clean teeth. Murphy is over six years old and vet says his teeth look like a 2 year old and never had them cleaned. Not cheap but an xxl lasts Murphy about 3 months or $40.

I'm having to re rethink something I'd already settled. I told Gypsy years ago that if she needed to go she'd have to go on her own, I wouldn't help her along. I wouldn't put her down unless she was in such bad shape I'd put my mom or dad down.

I'm rethinking all of that. Gypsy is the closest thing I'll ever have to a kid of my own but she's just so miserable. She eats and drinks because I beg her to but she doesn't live for it anymore. She's 13, much as I'd wish otherwise she won't live forever and I've gotta think about after. My after, without my best friend, is just gonna suck and be weird.

I'm having to re rethink something I'd already settled. I told Gypsy years ago that if she needed to go she'd have to go on her own, I wouldn't help her along. I wouldn't put her down unless she was in such bad shape I'd put my mom or dad down.

I'm rethinking all of that. Gypsy is the closest thing I'll ever have to a kid of my own but she's just so miserable. She eats and drinks because I beg her to but she doesn't live for it anymore. She's 13, much as I'd wish otherwise she won't live forever and I've gotta think about after. My after, without my best friend, is just gonna suck and be weird.

Toughest day I've had was the day I decided it was time for Oscar to be put down. I knew he'd let me know when but it was tough to accept. I found solace knowing that he had a great run and that I gave him the best life I could.

That is a really tough but inevitable situation. I have no words of wisdom for you, but you have my sympathy.

I had to take our first child (dog), Iggy in. She had got to the point that she didn't even want the people food I cooked for her. Sometimes you got to let go, but yeah, man, it sucks. I was a wreck for quite a while after. Hugs, Dan.

I’ve got no words of wisdom either. Dan and I were texting last night when he told me that lil Gypster was in really bad shape which truly saddened me because in the past few years, I have come to know as to how close their bond really is.

In the past 15 years I have gone through this sh*t yet inevitable process 3 times which as emotions and co dependencies go, was 3 times way too many. This process is hard as fooque and I would never wish it upon anyone but we all know that it’s just inevitable so here is what I would tell y’all which is what I told Dan:

If you have the means and the possibility, have the process of euthanizing your bestie at home where he/she is most comfortable and surrounded with love and comfort. I know that this is just not possible in some places and it’s a lot more expensive but I’ve promised myself that when it’s time for my Livvie to go, she will go with us holding hands and paws with her at home! As long as I can plan it ahead in this way, I would never want to go through this at the vet’s because every time when I had to do it that way, I could feel the stress on mine which really was palpable.

Brotherman I started to recount something here for you, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I feel for you. We have all come to love Gypsy.

It's never an easy decision to make . Unfortunately it's the hardest saddest thing as Dog owners we all have to face when it's that time as much as it SUCKS ! Thoughts and Prayers to you and all who go through this :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this brother! 13 years is a good life and Im sure you gave your pup many good times. I have been there and it definitely sucks. Prayers to help guide you through this tough time.

It breaks my heart that you’re going through this, Dan.
We all know that Gypsy’s such a big part of your life and she’s had 13 wonderful years of sharing her life with a good dude and I’m sure she’s made you a better person throughout the journey.

It breaks my heart that you’re going through this, Dan.
We all know that Gypsy’s such a big part of your life and she’s had 13 wonderful years of sharing her life with a good dude and I’m sure she’s made you a better person throughout the journey.

Hey Bryan, if you recall Lil Gypsy's health issues started long before where she seems to be at today at the grand Aage of 13. In fact there was a time when the CPK sub didn't exist back when some of us in here used to hang out at the old S!K's sub before we migrated to CPK's. There was a time like 4+ years ago when Dan went AWOL for a while and that was when you told me that Gypsy had given Dan a major health scare as she wasn't doing well. Back then I didn't use to communicate with Dan directly via phone/text so I wasn't aware as to who or what Gypsy was before you had told me!

My point being that Dan is probably one of the very few who could return a large percentage of Gypsy's luv and loyalty to dan with Dan being the best and the most caring fur-baby daddy who Gypsy could have. Maybe had it not been for Dan, most or at least some others would've given up on that precious lil dog by not putting in the time, effort, finances and the expenses into her well being. This was very important for me to stress and to share because I know that Dan will be reading this thread no matter what happens whether more immediately or hopefully further down the road of time.

Dan seems to be in good place in life right now, apart from the angst and the anguish for Gypsy's wellbeing. I will not elaborate further but that is what I have come to know. I am not a man of faith by conventional standards but I have faith in even a loving animal knowing that her master is going to be all right if and when she decides to let go knowing that boss-dad will be taken care of. I think that this is a beautiful story of a truly genuine love.

Back