Important Info! CPK Photo Contest

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
since we're gonna be stuck at home for awhile, I thought it might be fun to put together a little non competitive photo contest. When I say non competitive, I mean you get jack shit for 'winning'. Maybe the admiration of your peers, for what it's worth :D.

what makes this different from the regular photo thread is that at the end of each month, everyone votes for their favourite photo, and the winner can walk around their house, (and nowhere else) feeling like a smug asshole for awhile. For the rest of us losers, we get the benefit of heckling our competitors, and creating the most absurd, attention grabbing photos we can imagine:eek:.

please, no dick pics, Mike:thumbsdown:.

so the way this will work is, starting now, you post your photos in this thread- that way we keep all photos in one place for perpetuity. Comments and heckling is strongly encouraged, (don't be too much of a prick about it). At the end of every month I'll start a new thread where we can nominate and vote for our favourites, and make fun of each other while doing that. I'll keep these threads open til the end of that month when we crown our champion:poop:.

beautiful photos are fine, but what we're looking for here is creativity. Standard Bladeforums rules still apply, of course, but use your imagination and what you have at hand:cool:.

I'm making this up as I go along, so expect this to be a real shit show. That'll be part of the appealo_O.

Cheating is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. Use any and all means at your disposal to WIN WIN WIN! (Memes are cool, and give the fringe benefit of wordplay which the clever among you who take shitty pictures can use to your advantage);).

most importantly...HAVE SOME GODDAMNED FUN:thumbsup:!

Last edited:
Starting simple

J9Vl7ip.jpg

No action pics yet. Not until some ass in PPE pretends to be from the CDC enters my home...
4AWZqm9.jpg

You win...at least until Nathan makes (and let's me engrave) my integral boot dagger;)

All great shots. I especially like Keyopp’s shot. That perspective, lighting and sunset are pretty amazing. I also like Siddhant’s shot. Again, great perspective, contrast and colors in a natural setting (not that I have any clue what I’m talking about).

I do have to agree with WValtakis, any shot, let alone even just the thought of that amazing dagger of Coiledwire’s, is an out right winner.. Mike

Mike157 Mike157

You are way too modest my friend. ColiedWire wants to be you when (if) he grows up :D

I'm trying hard to be a gentleman like Mike157 Mike157 . Too late for growing up. :D

For composition, my photos aren't great. Actually, they look like they're taken from within a closet. :rolleyes: The month is still young(ish), and i have more questionable photos I'm trying not to share all at once. But for those that are curious, this is the view down the business end of the swagger. :eek:
waVTPyo.jpg

I'm trying hard to be a gentleman like Mike157 Mike157 . Too late for growing up. :D

For composition, my photos aren't great. Actually, they look like they're taken from within a closet. :rolleyes: The month is still young(ish), and i have more questionable photos I'm trying not to share all at once. But for those that are curious, this is the view down the business end of the swagger. :eek:
waVTPyo.jpg

I’ll still do business with you and your business end, my favorite turd-blossom :D

waVTPyo.jpg

That view really reminds me of an SR-71. Pretty darn cool! And by the way, I doubt I have much mental capacity beyond that of a twelve year old - if that. :) Mike​

Back