• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

CQC 14 Wave vs. Mini Commander Wave

Hello, I am considering purchasing a CQC 14. It appears to be an awesome knife. I have a Mini Commander and love it, but unfortunately it's illegal to carry concealed where I live. The CQC 14 is not. My only complaint about the Min- Com is with the Wave- it's way too small. It usually works, but not nearly as well as my Waved Delica or Emerson Karambit. My Karambit has a Wave that is much better (bigger) than the Min-Com. It opens reliably every time I take it out. So my question is this-Does the CQC 14 have a Wave like the Min-Com or more like the Karambit? I have looked at pics of both, and I think it's more like the Karambit, but I'm not totally sure. Unfortunately, it will probably be a few years before I am able to handle one in a store or knife show locally before I buy it. Has anyone handled both?

Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

Back