CQC 7 to HD 7 Conversion

Hey, does anyone on here know how to or know some one who can convert a normal cqc7 to an hd7 for a reasonable price? Or if its even possible. Not just the frame lock but the thinner g10 side as well. I really like the look and size of the cqc7 but its just a bit boxy for my liking, and i think the hd7 would be perfect but I can't find one anywhere. If any of you have one for sale for a decent price, please let me know.

Thanks,
Anthony

Thank you, I sent him a msg on fb. His work looks outstanding! Do you know what the ballpark that he normally charges is?

When I had several framelock conversions done, the titanium framelock was $150. The new G10 scale would be an additional charge. On top of that, you'll have to pay shipping both ways to Thailand. Not a cheap endeavor by any means, but Nathawut is very skilled.

If you're looking for an Emerson Tanto framelock, I would suggest keeping an eye out for the release of the Emerson/Zero Tolerance collaboration ZT0620.

His pricing seems doable, how much was shipping and how long did it take? I sent him a msg on fb, hopefully he replies soon

The only person who would be able to do this as best as possible (as if it were done by the factory) would be Ferrrk. However be warned that he is a very hard man to find, much less get a hold of. He seems to disappear from the forums often and come back to offer his work months later.

I've handled framelock conversions from a few customizers, and two of them stand out. Not gonna say who does it better, however all my framelock conversions are ones done by Nathawut. :D

Without any disrespect to the worthy gents named above, no one coverts better than Reese Weiland. He was the first to do it, and still sets the bar.

I've also handled a framelock 7 conversion by Reese, and it was very well done. There was a bit more to our conversation regarding the conversions though :)

Back