CQC-T & VTAC sheath mods.

:p
I have the CQC-T and the VTAC and like both of them but don't care for the way the sheath works.....Sooooo;
I took my sheath to a place that sews a lot of items and had them cut a "T" in the existing cover and fold over the flaps and resew it. I now have 2 flaps with clips and the sheath turned upside down. Now all I have to do is unclip one of the clips (or both if I want to) and the hawk falls down into my hand and slides out of the sheath. When finished just slide the face or spike back into the sheath and swing the hawk into place and reconnect the clip.
Now I don't have the problem of the hawk handle hanging up while drawing "up" the handle through the hole since the hole is now facing up and the hawk just drops down into my hand.
Don't even have to unzip my coat since the handle is hanging down and I can feel the clips through the side of my coat.
If the CQC-T will fit the sheath then I won't have to change to original, just use the VtAC sheath.

FWIW

Ron
Ciao

Hey, Pics PLEASE! You're local, where did you take it? Uh, my blood pressure is skyrocketing!

MYMINDSABLOB.

I don't have a digital camera to take pictures, however, I took it to "Designs Unlimited" right on the corner of 4th. and Naval in Bremerton.

This combo works well for me but I still want to attach a small piece of kevlar sheeting to the flaps since now the hawk rests on the flaps and not in the pouch.

The charged me $11.40 to do the work and did a good job of sewing up the flap made by doing the "T" cut.

If you want to call me and come by and see it, my # is in the phone book under Cassel on 4th. street....I live just accross the street from Designs Unlimited.

Ciao
Ron Cassel

muzzleup said:
MYMINDSABLOB.( I don't know if this was on purpose, but it's so true this morning. :D )

I don't have a digital camera to take pictures, however, I took it to "Designs Unlimited" right on the corner of 4th. and Naval in Bremerton.

This combo works well for me but I still want to attach a small piece of kevlar sheeting to the flaps since now the hawk rests on the flaps and not in the pouch.

The charged me $11.40 to do the work and did a good job of sewing up the flap made by doing the "T" cut.

If you want to call me and come by and see it, my # is in the phone book under Cassel on 4th. street....I live just accross the street from Designs Unlimited.

Ciao
Ron Cassel
Ron, P.M. incoming.

Ron, tried to Private Message you. Forum sent error saying you don't accept. :confused:

MYMINDSAMOB;
Sorry for the misspelling. I can't sent PM's here either and I think it's because I am not a Gold Member or something.

My email address is:
rccassel1@comcast.net

That should get you to me.

ciao
Ron

Back