CQC8

So, we all missed the opportunity on the For Sale forum.

All of us except one lucky b#st*rd!
smile.gif

I have been tryin to get my hands on one of these for quite a while now. (I also have one on "order"). But so far no luck.

I might be willing to trade my 92-93 CQC6 for one. For those of you who know, this knife is a different animal from the newer ones.

Educate me. What are the differences between the '92,'93 CQC6's and those of current manufacture. You seemed to indicate that the older ones were better. In what way? Could be, although I'm in the dark on this one.

That's what I get for spending quality time. Oh well.
frown.gif

------------------
If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance,
baffle them with your BS.

In reference to the old vs. new question, I have several of both. Ernie's older knives were ground by Ernie, and they had a lot of work in them. I have an old CQC8 that is black oxide, has the handles that have a good deal of grinding and polishing, and are just kind of different. My daily carry 8 is a newer one. It has a plain jane G10 handle with no beveling that is exactly like the Commander, the blade is a little different, and is kind of like a production blade. I think prior to the days of Emerson getting big, he didn't have the equipment or the demand, so they were a little more unique, and truely handmade. I even have a very early LaGriffe that I got from Ernies own hand. He told me to hang on to it because he hand ground it himself. When you compare the old to the new you can tell the difference.

Nyeti,

The older Emerson handmades definitely have a lot more work put into them. It seems like all of the parts have a lot of work put into them, just like in your example concerning the black CQC8.

The new CQC8 looks very production although the fit and finish are obviously better than on a production knife. Especially the handle scales which look exactly like a Commander's handle scales.

Jason

Back