CR Bowie - A Work in progress...

Here's a big recurve Bowie Gib sent to me a while back....since the other two items, the L & C Hawk and the 1840's Bowie, we had earmarked for Blade 2005 have been sold... :D .... this one's in the "got to get done stage"....

As it came from Gib....Blade: 10 5/8" hand forged 5160, overall 17", grip: crown stag, guard: wrought iron
cr17-alpha-2.jpg

Step two: The antler crown has been sanded smooth and polished and the aging is finished on blade and grip....

cr17-alpha-3.jpg

The other side... blade closeup...

Step Three....

The knife is finished - incised buffalo rawhide wrap and beaded fringe - and the sheath is in the works....all the parts for finishing the sheath - buffalo rawhide over oak tan - is shown: beads, smoke tan thongs, handmade tin cone dangles, buffalo hair, tacks, etc....

cr17-alpha-6.jpg

Sucks

The wind right out of me :)

Very cool guard idea. I like that a lot Gib. Cant wait to see the finished sheath Linda.
Your part is looking okay Chuck.

You know I'm joking Brudda. Museum quality as always :eek:

Bet that one wont last long either.

All Done.....shipping out via overnight for Blade on Tuesday.....

Just click on the thumbs for larger, higher res photos....

Linda, and I :D, thanks ya'll for your concern, but in fact on this one she was moral support - the beading was all done on rawhide this time and her hands just arent' up to that task - so as on all our pieces I did/do the beadwork on the rawhide........

For anyone interested - Tim Adlam will have this one on his table 11-F at Blade 2005

That is my favorite bowie by you guys so far. I love mine, but this one appeals to me even more. That guard really adds to the package. The sheath is also outstanding, although I would expect nothing less.

Back